Supermarket Prices in Shetland

faerie queen

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It amazes me that a local retailer like Geordie Robertson's hasn't stepped in to fill the gap.

Cd's, dvd's etc take up a lot of room. It's a shame they didn't have biggger premises or this might have been possible, great idea though.

It's definately my favourite shop in town by a long way. I see they are selling ipad's and the latest hand held video camera's, maybe they might see this and try and accommodate, definately would compliment what the guys have done for the shop so far.

Pleasantly surprised to find that one of my local supermarkets (Tesco) was able to sell me branded blank CDs and DVDs at prices below what Amazon was charging. And yes Tesco is local in that it employs local staff and also that I can go there and buy something without having to wait for delivery from wherever.

It amazes me that a local retailer like Geordie Robertson's hasn't stepped in to fill the gap.

Cd's, dvd's etc take up a lot of room. It's a shame they didn't have biggger premises or this might have been possible, great idea though.

It's definately my favourite shop in town by a long way. I see they are selling ipad's and the latest hand held video camera's, maybe they might see this and try and accommodate, definately would compliment what the guys have done for the shop so far.

At least as far back as a week last Friday Geordie Robertson's had an ad running on SIBC on relatively high rotation, which included their website info among their contact details. Their website was "being updated" then, its been "being updated" ever since, and still is....

Not knocking what the current owners have achieved in improvements in the service they provide by any means, but running a prominent ad for at least a week and a half, including contact details which aren't available, is not a way to maintain and continue to build a favourable.reputation.

Yes, I know they gave their address and phone number too, but the cost of a 50 mile round trip for a £50 ticket item, which they may or may not have one suitable, makes ordering one which is from the web a very attractive option. And phoning is all well and good, but you can't see what it looks like without ending up on the web again, then only going to buy it if its right.....

Much simpler and convenient to just go on the web at your own convenience, compare all of the options at one time, at your leisure, then either decide to make the trip and buy here, or order from south.

As it is, I'm toying between hanging on and seeing if anything comes up in the Classifieds, or just ordering from south. As the Hydro site didn't impress me much with their selection, and Dodie Robertson's apparently won't let me see what they've got short of visiting or phone call>web search>visit if any are any good anyway......

yep i hope geordie robertson dont change what they are doing! just bought a oak tv unit from them and they were £60 cheaper than any place i found online!!

so thats him supplied me with TV, Dvd player and TV unit in 4 mnths £1200 worth and everything was cheaper than amazon etc

away to buy a light in there which is same price as amazon today, good on them decent bunch of lads in there too

yep i hope geordie robertson dont change what they are doing! just bought a oak tv unit from them and they were £60 cheaper than any place i found online!!

so thats him supplied me with TV, Dvd player and TV unit in 4 mnths £1200 worth and everything was cheaper than amazon etc

away to buy a light in there which is same price as amazon today, good on them decent bunch of lads in there too

Thats very much been my experience as well, they obviously can't keep everyone happy, that's just life.

At least as far back as a week last Friday Geordie Robertson's had an ad running on SIBC on relatively high rotation, which included their website info among their contact details. Their website was "being updated" then, its been "being updated" ever since, and still is....

Not knocking what the current owners have achieved in improvements in the service they provide by any means, but running a prominent ad for at least a week and a half, including contact details which aren't available, is not a way to maintain and continue to build a favourable.reputation.

Yes, I know they gave their address and phone number too, but the cost of a 50 mile round trip for a £50 ticket item, which they may or may not have one suitable, makes ordering one which is from the web a very attractive option. And phoning is all well and good, but you can't see what it looks like without ending up on the web again, then only going to buy it if its right.....

Much simpler and convenient to just go on the web at your own convenience, compare all of the options at one time, at your leisure, then either decide to make the trip and buy here, or order from south.

As it is, I'm toying between hanging on and seeing if anything comes up in the Classifieds, or just ordering from south. As the Hydro site didn't impress me much with their selection, and Dodie Robertson's apparently won't let me see what they've got short of visiting or phone call>web search>visit if any are any good anyway......

Regarding the above issue, with hindsight we maybe should have run the add without the mention of the website. We had been led to believe that the website would be available to the public from the 1st of December. Due to problems outwith our control this has not been the case but we do hope it will be open in the next 7-10 days which we know may be too late for some but hopefully it will be worth waiting for.

I'm sure people will understand that GRdirect.co.uk is a new venture for us which we hope will add some more versatility and depth to our business.

Let us take this opportunity to wish all our customers a very merry christmas and a prosperous new year.

Regarding the above issue, with hindsight we maybe should have run the add without the mention of the website. We had been led to believe that the website would be available to the public from the 1st of December. Due to problems outwith our control this has not been the case but we do hope it will be open in the next 7-10 days which we know may be too late for some but hopefully it will be worth waiting for.

I'm sure people will understand that GRdirect.co.uk is a new venture for us which we hope will add some more versatility and depth to our business.

Let us take this opportunity to wish all our customers a very merry christmas and a prosperous new year.

:lik: :lik: :lik:

Merry xmas tae you guys to.

Good Luck

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...