Fuel Prices

mr_brain

i agree that fuel prices in shetland are way too much, but we have a council that will do {'f' it was funny in Father Ted 'eck'} all about it, they are more intrested in s p u n k i n g good money on a s h i t that the vast majority of people in shetland do not want.

We have people in scottish parliment & westminster who say they will try and do something about it but again it seems they just talk about speaking to the suppliers to bring down the fuel prices just to get the public on their side and look at them now, i haven't heard any further follow up from them in a while..

face it folks we are screwed.

the price of fuel is getting f*****g rediculous it is about time the blockades started again bring the country to its knees, I am seriously thinking about leaving this nanny state, soft on criminals, more money for the rich hell hole of a country.

sorry for the rant

just out of curiosity folks, how many people on this forum would be willing to actually take action, be it through blockade or other means?

maybe it's time to stand up. we might only be a small place in comparison but shetland can pack a punch when it comes to getting something done together.

we can't physically change anything ourselves, but if we make enough noise maybe we can force the hands of those who continually screw us

just out of curiosity folks, how many people on this forum would be willing to actually take action, be it through blockade or other means?

maybe it's time to stand up. we might only be a small place in comparison but shetland can pack a punch when it comes to getting something done together.

we can't physically change anything ourselves, but if we make enough noise maybe we can force the hands of those who continually screw us

count me in

Count me in too.

A Mass, peaceful turn-out of people at the Market Cross displaying for the TV cameras, a Petition to Westminster demanding they reduce the {80p in the ££?} Duty on fuel for places like us who pay an awful lot more.

If 950+ men can turn out for the Lerwick Up Helly Aa procession alone, plus a couple of thousand more folk spectating, add in all the country UHA Guizers / partners / friends... how many could that muster for a kick-off?!

Diesel last week in Aberdeen was £121.9. It sounds as though that is dear for the mainland.

Is it not time for the distributors to admit that it does not cost 15p+ a litre to transport fuel to Shetland and to stop ripping a 'captive audience' off!!!

A show of support and allegiance to Tesco to encourage them to open a filling station might help.

If they could sell fuel even 5p cheaper than anyone else they would soon have the custom of more than 75% of Shetland folk. Only then would we see a drop in prices at other filling stations. Perhaps!