Housing in Shetland

Guest Anonymous

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ Have to say I totally agree with you.

You can't cure this sort of person, they are a ticking bomb. As for the suggestion of support groups preventing reoffending, complete rubbish, if even 1 in 10 manage to reoffend it is 1 in 10 too many. About tim the law showed the victim justice, they have to live with the 'assault to the person' for life, so should the purpotrator of the crime. If you have to let them out, brand them somewhere clearly seen so their crime is visable to all they meet. As for housing them, back on topic, such a self confessed offender SHOULD be remanded until sentancing, his guilt is not in question, his risk to the community's children is obvious. The risk to HIM is even clearer. We should not have him foisted on our communities, the council should have no obligation to house him, the court authorities should deal with him until his sentance is handed down. May it be a Very long one.

he's guilty so hang the filthy beast, no need for a house when a 6' by 2' box will suffice.

All that will do will just rid of him. Its no solution because the death penalty doesn't act as a deterrent (see Texas for example).

the house in question can then be given to a local family who's need should be prioritised before some pervert that at the very least should be locked up until sentancing

I agree that local families should be prioritised and that they should be kept somewhere similar until sentencing, but you can't just keep them locked up, because they isn't much room and if you build another prison, guess what, it'll come out of your pocket, ye tax payer!

his risk to the community's children is obvious.

That's the only difference between him/her and the rest of the public.

No the differance is this scumbag is a known pedo self confessed no less. While the rest of the public on the whole are not.

who's to say he won't decide to go down with a bang.

Under european law he can be tried in greece for crimes commited here and his home country can decide what to do with him.

I would be a lot happier if he was locked up in greece and if he ever gets out of jail he can spend the rest of his life in greece with a court order preventing him leaving the country just like garry glitter.

but far better we just hang the bar steward because 100% of recipients of the death penalty have gone on to not re-offend

the house in question can then be given to a local family who's need should be prioritised before some pervert that at the very least should be locked up until sentancing

I agree that local families should be prioritised and that they should be kept somewhere similar until sentencing, but you can't just keep them locked up, because they isn't much room and if you build another prison, guess what, it'll come out of your pocket, ye tax payer!

Spending tax revenue on a prison to house someone of this nature would certianly be very much preferred to spending tax revenue on a council house for him, as is happening.

his risk to the community's children is obvious.

....and the only difference between a murderer and the rest of the public is that they killed someone, or a rapist that they forcibly had sexual intercourse with someone, etc....Your point??

....and the only difference between a murderer and the rest of the public is that they killed someone, or a rapist that they forcibly had sexual intercourse with someone, etc...

I knew someone who did time for murder; nice bloke. The guy he'd done for had been a bad booger onyway so it seemed fair enough to me.

There is and can never be any kind of excuse for pedos and rapists or any cure. Putting them away only gives them time to hone their fantasys and while he roams a freeman on bail you are powerless to stop him under the law and while cops will be spending their time busting folk with a bag of plants which they have told you is societys greatest evil; the demons are allowed to run amok.

If his neighbours wish to take the risk of their kids getting raped and ignore the problem then that is their decision.

I would opt for a get together of close freinds and neighbours to sort the problem out from a more direct angle.

Not all Conspiracies are a bad thing.

Since every man could be a rapist, why don't we do that to us all? You can't guarantee that you will never rape someone - so why should we risk it?

Infact, we could all be murderers too. Every single human is suspect.

Who is paying the tickturds rent ? has he any savings

Well, often a lack of money leads an individual to commit a crime, however I don't know entirely how applicable that is to the offences we are talking about.

Since every man could be a rapist, why don't we do that to us all? You can't guarantee that you will never rape someone - so why should we risk it?

Perhaps your silliest post yet Jas. How do you not know if you are a potential rapist or not. Are you unaware or indiffernet to the possible suffering such a decision could cause.

Perhaps your silliest post yet Jas. How do you not know if you are a potential rapist or not. Are you unaware or indiffernet to the possible suffering such a decision could cause.

I think JAS is right. Pretty much all men have got enough testosterone or whatever that, perhaps when mixed with drink or drugs, could, in the wrong circumstances lead to them committing rape. Maybe having been encouraged to believe that someone was available only to have consent withdrawn at the last moment. Ok that is not rape in the same way as dragging an innocent victim into the bushes but it is still rape.