Shetland Football 2009??

penfold

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear Unst are signing Craig Gordon on loan from Sunderland at the end of the premiership season as it will help him regain match sharpness after his spell on the sidelines. He will be competing for the number 1 jersey with Paul Bell and another young unst goalkeeping starlet who is simply known as "the cat."

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I read in yesterdays Shetland Times that Unst had pulled out of playing in the Manson Cup and following the Association meeting this was accepted and no action was taken against them. Would someone on the Association please inform people like me why they were not fined for this as fines are handed out to any team not able to travel to play them-no matter what the circumstances.

Sorry. Unst did not pull out of this game voluntarily. On my understanding they asked for the game to be postponed, this proposal was accepted in person. Then as there was no unst representative at the monthly meeting Celtic claimed the points. Although unst are at fault for not attending the meeting, I think most would agree this was a pretty sneaky play on Celtic's part.