Shetland Christmas Lights

peeriewifey1

I think the wind last night might have had something to do with some of the lights not working anymore. They were certainly getting a good rattling at about 9pm last night.

It looked like the tree at the Cross had snapped about 8 foot from the ground. Probably due to the wind too, but it could have been someone watching Axe Men on tv and fancied a go at dropping a tree.

Talking of Lerwick's Christmas lights check out the one at the Queen's Hotel, it looks rather like Santa's getting frisky with a tree or two!! :shock:

I do agree that the festive lights are rather miserable......

Ahh the infamous "santa humping the christmas tree" lights...sweet

Why can't the shopowners club together and get some decent lights up, sure nobody would object to a 'sponsored by' logo somewhere on them. Bet it would get competitve between the shops and we'd have the best lights ever!!

Why also is it just Lerwick that have lights? Orkney have them all over the place, Kirkwall, the Hope, Steness etc. Not about time the community councils here got their fingers out and brought some festive cheer to the rural areas

Where I grew up nearly every house in every village was decked out in lights. It wasn't up to the local authority to put up lights - if you wanted lights you put up lights yourself! I'd love to do that but I fear the electricity bill would cripple us, so as it is we'll have the tree up in the window and indoor decorations requiring no electricity.