Mobile phone signal and service (coverage, contract, 3G etc)

Fifi

^A weak signal on a N1? Surely not ;)

No problems here though. Calls and texts came through fine. Was with another O2 person yesterday who was having signal problems... but full bars for me. Maybe there was only a limited number of connections available or some such witchcraft afoot.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am expereicing similar problems with o2 and after a supopsedly "live chat" with an 02 rep online (i have my doubts!) they say there is no problem in Shetland with the network and the problem is that i have an older sim.

The fact that i know of 5 other people with the same problem didn't seem to register!

I have just spoken to a real person at o2 and they said that it sounds like a network problem but there is no problem with the network logged in the last week.

the (very helpful) woman i spoke to said that anyone else suffering network problems with o2 - either with sending/receiving txts or calls should call o2 customer service now on 4445 or from a landline on 0844 809 0222 and log it.

she said that the technical department rarely actions one complaint re network problems as its "very pricey" so if more fowk complained there is more chance of sorting it out and sending an engineer if needs be.

Seems a bit ridic' that they can't help the individual, but there you hae it!

I have not been able to make or receive calls or texts on O2 since Tuesday dispite having a full signal showing on my phone. This is very annoying and after speaking to the helpful (not) customer care line feel like stuffing the phone down their throats! Question: "Are you aware that there isn't a full O2 coverage in Shetland?" Reply: Yes but I have managed to get a signal on O2 for the past year which has now disappeared and it's not because I have a dodgy sim card - there is more than me have a problem!! Now very hacked off but did manage to get a small refund but not able to phone anyone to tell them!

O2 seem to be having problems all over the country. I have had nothing but trouble the last week. Even though you have a signal, does not mean it is an O2 signal, a stronger signal from another network could be dragging down a weakened O2 signal, but will still show full reception. I had trouble gettin the internet to hold, then could not get reception, just emergency phone coverage. I am in Lancashire

Got word from someone I know who's been having problems wi O2. Turns out they've got an older sim card. A 2G one. O2 said they needed a newer 3G capable card and would be sending one out for free and they can keep their number. Why they couldn't say all this before... :roll:

Anyroad, sounds like those having problems may need to get on the blower to O2.

Got word from someone I know who's been having problems wi O2. Turns out they've got an older sim card. A 2G one. O2 said they needed a newer 3G capable card and would be sending one out for free and they can keep their number. Why they couldn't say all this before... :roll:

Anyroad, sounds like those having problems may need to get on the blower to O2.

I have also heard this...cant mind where from hahaha!

• 1 month later...

Hi, I normally get 4 bars in dunrossness from the orange transmitter on the hill above Scousburgh.

Anyone else lost their signal? Or is it my phone :'( I know most people don't use Orange, but it's Ok for me. Normally!

If it *is* an Orange fault, any ideas how long mobile companies take to fix things like this here?

(***Mod Edit - Merged with existing thread***)

Guest don't know

Yep, lost it sometime between last fri night and sat morning.

Been on the phone to them quite a few times and there never consistent with what they tell, you but they have broken their promise every time! Ive been that it would be fixed by 2225 on wed 30th june, then 1221 on tues 29th june, and yesterday and last saturday i was told it would be done within 24 hours of my call, and still nothing! Other people i've spoken to have been given other times it should have been fixed by and some have been told it's planned routine maintenance.

I also have sent them an email a few days ago but am yet to recieve a reply!

It's not really the fact that I can't use my phone bothers me, its more the lies and inconsistency of the customer service team! :evil:

Phone Numbers for customer service:

For PAYG - 07973 100 450

For Contract - 07973 100 150