Local Food Reviews - Dining Out & Take Aways

Njugle

• 4 weeks later...

Last Friday I attended a leaving do at the Shetland Hotel. I didn't go with any great expectations having been disappointed in the past, however, I have to say that I thought the meal and service were fantastic.

I would thoroughly recommend the chicken parfait (huge portion) and the haddock in beer batter - couldn't finish it, probably due to the huge portion size of the parfait!

I would also like to commend the waiting staff - our party were slightly chaotic and disorganised (nothing to do with alcohol - promise!) - the Shetland Hotel staff were patient and accommodating.

Having gone with no expectations - I left feeling happy and satisfied - I will definitely go back again.

Happy tummies all round :)

• 4 weeks later...

Really disappointed with Flames Grill & Bites now even though I was initially impressed. I'm not referring to the pizzas but to the customer service (or lack of it).

Apparently, all the pizzas on the menu board in the establishment "come as standard" (even though you have to ask what's on them if you don't already know or don't have a paper take-away menu) and can't be tailored to the customer's needs, e.g. if you want to swap a couple of vegetables on your "comes as standard" pizza, you can't do this (even though you could previously!) And, if you want to add meat, e.g. chicken tikka, to a margarita pizza, your margarita pizza automatically becomes a chicken tikka pizza at the chicken tikka pizza price and not the price for "extra" meat as detailed on the menu board! I know margarita pizzas are popular but it's not unusual for people to add meat or vegetables to them is it?! Not everyone actually likes the "comes as standard" combinations!

Good pizzas but disappointing customer service and attitude. We'll save a fortune not going back :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...