Ex Chief Exec - Dave Clark

Twerto

Now we see that the 250,000 is a NET figure.

With Tax and Legal Fees it will go over 350,000.

Another few more surprises and it will career way past the Judane write-off of 411,000. :mrgreen:

sounds like your pleased.

Sounds like you are confused.com

Dinna go being so silly paulb.

Even a quid is too much for him. :mrgreen:

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I've managed to speak to two of my local Councillors. One was an extremely nice chap. One didn't attend the meeting and the other reckons that no vote was cast as was a private meeting and that cannot comment and has been advised not to do so on legal advice. I only blooming asked if the Council's Insurers were involved. Also reckoned wouldn't be able to get any information via Freedom of Information Act - I bet I could find out (albeit at a later date) if Council's Insurers were involved. I'm sorely tempted to telephone the Zurich (most councils are insured with them) to see if they were notified. Anyone know who the Council's Employer's Liability Insurers are then?

Now this puts me in a bit of a quandary.

In the Posh end of St Olaf Street we have a yearly safari supper which involves 4 or 5 houses and we each make some food and go from house to house having a jolly old time.

The problem is we normally include Mr Clarks current home and there is a fairly vigorous means test before inclusion.

Would it be possible for the SIC to agree to pay the £1.7 million so we can go ahead with our party rather than the environmentally unfriendly option which is to throw out a good 11lb home grown Whalsay hen.

Well, I've managed to speak to two of my local Councillors. One was an extremely nice chap. One didn't attend the meeting and the other reckons that no vote was cast as was a private meeting and that cannot comment and has been advised not to do so on legal advice. I only blooming asked if the Council's Insurers were involved. Also reckoned wouldn't be able to get any information via Freedom of Information Act - I bet I could find out (albeit at a later date) if Council's Insurers were involved. I'm sorely tempted to telephone the Zurich (most councils are insured with them) to see if they were notified. Anyone know who the Council's Employer's Liability Insurers are then?

Has anybody else actually spoken to their Councillor about last Friday? :mrgreen:

Now we see that the 250,000 is a NET figure.

With Tax and Legal Fees it will go over 350,000.

Another few more surprises and it will career way past the Judane write-off of 411,000. :mrgreen:

sounds like your pleased.

Sounds like you are confused.com

Dinna go being so silly paulb.

Even a quid is too much for him. :mrgreen:

Icepick, if you're not pleased then why did you use the grinning emoticon?

If folk are confused as to the tone of your posts, perhaps you shouldn't end every one of them with the grinning face. Emoticons are there to enhance the meaning of a post, not confuse it

"reckons" - dont they know?

"no vote was cast as was a private meeting" - What's this? Blair sofa government?

Guest Anonymous
Now this puts me in a bit of a quandary.

In the Posh end of St Olaf Street we have a yearly safari supper which involves 4 or 5 houses and we each make some food and go from house to house having a jolly old time.

The problem is we normally include Mr Clarks current home and there is a fairly vigorous means test before inclusion.

Would it be possible for the SIC to agree to pay the £1.7 million so we can go ahead with our party rather than the environmentally unfriendly option which is to throw out a good 11lb home grown Whalsay hen.

kin you no laeve da poor thing hawkin a middeen? an hae a boileen a piltocks?i doot your neebir ill be awa be dan onywye

Ahh I see it's all the Sun Newspaper's doing that he had to quit, good on them, maybe they can start an appeal to raise money to pay him off as well. :roll:

Kathy Greaves has one thing right the whole incident has shown Shetland in a very poor light which is probably why the council are trying to get him bought off to bring it to a swifter conclusion. Maybe what the Council need to see is that a fairly vocal part of the community don't care if it's finished quickly they want to make DC wait and drag the SIC through the courts and see if he is due anything at all.

They might not need to go to court the lynch mob is heading up there to sort it all out.

Does Shetland Islands Council not realise that they are responsible for much of the bad publicity we're receiving at the moment. If they could only grasp the fact that by remaining virtually totally silent on the matter and creating an information vacuum, that vacuum will be filled by rumour and speculation - much of which will be incorrect.

There is currently a clear call from the electorate for the Council to come clean and let us know what is going on. This has been reinforced by our MSP.

Whilst up to a point they can defend ther silence by describing the problem as a personnel matter, it is clear that it went beyond that a long time ago.

A previous poster reported that one of his councillors advised him that there had not been a vote at the meeting last week at which there was reportedly agreement to make this offer. Can this be correct? Was there unamimous agreement? Were there any disenters? Who were they? Do Councillors listen to the concerns of their Electorate? Has there been a proper investigation carried out into the claims in Mr Clark's CV and website?

On this last matter, I realise that Google and other search engines are not infallible 100% accurate research tools and that any argument based on such searches must be viewed with caution, however the following quick searches were carried out today, with results which I hope have also been found and followed up by responsible officers within SIC, given the level of public interest.

Extract from Shetland Islands Council Information Bulletin announcing “New Chief Executive Appointed by Shetland Islands Councilâ€

"Mr Clark currently lives in Motherwell and has been Projects Director of his own consultancy business since 2002. This has seen him working with the private and public sector delivering multi-million pound projects for clients ranging from Balfour Kilpatrick, Scottish Power, Glenmorangie, and a number of Local Authorities including South Lanarkshire, Renfrewshire and Westminster City.

His notable achievements during that time include revolutionising Westminster City Council’s £10 billion Asset Strategy, managing the delivery of £450 million New build and Regeneration programmes. He has also built and led a new in-house project delivery team leading organisational change and embedding best practice in City West Homes, an arms length branch of Westminster City Council which enabled them to achieve a 3 star Excellence Award by the Audit Commission."

The following Google hits were found using the undernoted search strings, (pages regarding Shetland, Dalzell.org’s own website and company information pages on Dalzell.org not counted).

“Dalzell Consulting†None

“Dalzell Projects†None

“Dave Clark†and “David Clark†along with “Citywest Homesâ€

and “â€Westminster City Council†5 (Mainly reports on individual repairs contracts, dates ranging from Jan 06 to Oct 08)

I give these results as facts without comment. Feel free to draw your own conclusions.

I have read all tis as well and It does make you wonder...

I see we are all over the Television news this morning....this has now gone beyong the "Gutter Press" reports..

Has anyone seen the full page picture in the magazine? There is a lovely photo of Mr Clark and "Bidie in" and her daughter. Is this not a real slap in the face as It is presented as a family portrait....( nice one for the divorce lawyers me thinks)

Snow again but I sincerely hope this does not deter folks from turning up at the protest and showing their support for the Shetland community.Better still I hope the Council now start to take this matter a bit more seriously and think about where they stand now in this whole sorry affair.

I for one an sick of hearing them bleating on about all the cuts that have to be made ans in the next report how much they are going to throw at this dumpling to go away....