Ex Chief Exec - Dave Clark

Twerto

Okay....apart from the fact someone can't spell, this is just taking the f'n urine..... :evil:
Having ended my venture into permanent public sector employment as Chief Executive of Shetland Islands Council, I am pleased to announce that as of 1st March 2010, dalzell projects is again actively trading.

The 'phone has already been ringing and my first assignment back in the world of consultancy takes me back to London next week.

I would like to thank Shetland Isalnds Council for the opportunity of being their Chief Executive. I consider it a priviledge, and look forward to seeing the initiatives we began together bear fruit in the years to come. I wish SIC and the community my best wishes for the future.

Best regards,

Dave Clark

Chief Executive - dalzell consulting limited 2nd March 2010

http://www.dalzell.org.uk/index.html

Somewhat tellingly perhaps, it seems all of Dalzell's "Associates" with the exception of daddy have done a Houdini.....http://www.dalzell.org.uk/page2.html

A few things we want to know regarding the information from the updated Dalzell Website:

1 - Is this a 'One Finger or Two Finger ' salutation?

2 - Surprised DC would even contemplate mentioning SIC in his CV.

3 - Where's 'Fluffy'?

It also occurs, that the amateurish makeover pertaining to the Dalzell Website and the mention of a new consultancy contract in London, wouldn't normally be revealed at this stage, unless DC is aware that he is no longer subject to any enquiry by the PF.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't be daft Icepick. It takes more than one brain cell to be able to press F7. Perhaps allegations were denied because he might have writ (sic) down teef (sic) knot (sic) teeth in his likkle (sic) notes and he ain't all that bovvered (sic) like guv innit (sic)? :wink:

Don't be daft Icepick. It takes more than one brain cell to be able to press F7. Perhaps allegations were denied because he might have writ (sic) down teef (sic) knot (sic) teeth in his likkle (sic) notes and he ain't all that bovvered (sic) like guv innit (sic)? :wink:

In English please :!:

Maybe it's because I'm (no you) a Londoner - Yes?

My point 1 therefore might not connect wi you then.

Ask around what "up de pipe' means.

Personally I haven't heard that expression since school, but two fingers I have seen since those days.

And One finger, WELL.

I think DC was maybe giving the people of Shetland the 'Bobby Shafto' :wink:

2 - Surprised DC would even contemplate mentioning SIC in his CV.

Employers tend to assume the worst when they find a gap in your employment history, such as having been in prison. If he's going to mention it he might as well put a positive spin on it.

Thanks Muckle...

Our guys obviously didna assume the worst, back in May, 2009 then?

Take your point though, but there is nothing wrong with having gaps in one's employment history, as long as it is checked out/ explained thoroughly.

Spin shouldna be confused with deliberately pulling the wool and is easily spotted if checked by experienced people in this field :)

"Spin shouldna be confused with deliberately pulling the wool and is easily spotted if checked by experienced people in this field."

If the website is genuine, he is confident enough to post his term with the SIC. He has probably worked out a deal with the inner circle, in case someone does do a check on him.

We may in fact find that the leaving of the job was also a mutual decision, there were of course possible mitigating circumstances.

Regards.

I've been quiet on this topic for a while now as I had said my bit, and whatever Mr Clark does now is none of our business.

However, I do feel it is worth mentioning, given the posting on his company website, that he is abiding by the severance agreement in being polite in his public reference to the Council.

It is already clear that certain councillors are struggling to do the same. Lets hope they learn some basic midder wit very soon before they leave the council wide open to another claim and send even more of our money down the drain due to their petty personal vendettas..

Spinner 72 noted...

However, I do feel it is worth mentioning, given the posting on his company website, that he is abiding by the severance agreement in being polite in his public reference to the Council.

Very generous of you to share some of the confidential and never disclosed details of your severance agreement with us Spinner! :shock:

You might want to take a little of your own advice to heart?

Spinner 72 noted...

Very generous of you to share some of the confidential and never disclosed details of your severance agreement with us Spinner! :shock:

You might want to take a little of your own advice to heart?

How can something reported in the Shetland Times, Shetland News, released on the Council Website as a press release and no doubt reported in a few other avenues be considered confidential? :?

It seems the constant thread of people choosing to believe fantasy over the printed word in this "saga" is neverending :roll:

this really should now be closed and the councillor conduct should be used. he has gone so lets start examining the conduct of all concerned. i don't blame him for taking the dosh and running he must have know he was not here for life.

by the way if councillor is wrong the computer keeps changing it so sorry.

That, I daresay is very much a matter of individual opinion. To my eye it reads far closer to sarcasm bordering on rampant gloating rather than politeness, all things considered.