Ex Chief Exec - Dave Clark

Twerto

^^ He doesn't. It just means the restructure is now going ahead under the proper procedures which should have been followed the first time.

Personally I am concerned with the suggestion of a "Deputy CE" post being created, as the current system with the department heads taking on the role in the CE's absence, seems to work well as recently demonstrated.

Not to mention the insanity of removing an "assistant CE" and for all intents and purposes replacing them with a "deputy CE" in every other sense!

The post of Full time Deputy Chief Executive was mentioned in a press release by Cllr Wills a couple of weeks ago (through his close allies at the Shetland News).

This is clearly the first stage in his long term plan:

1. Got Willie Shannon back to the Town Hall

2. Create the post of Full time Deputy Chief Executive

3. 'Arrange' for his pall Willie No Job to be moved sideways into this new post.

4. Continue vendetta against the Chief Executive until leaves - willingly or not.

5. Move Willie No Job up the tree to be Chief Executive

6. Delete Deputy Chief Executive post.

Just because it seems stupid or far fetched, just remember this is the SIC we are speaking about !

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking back, it seems to me, that the appointment of the new CE coincided around the same time that the previous encumbant exited, so was the whole process just too rushed?

Er, it's kinda normal for a new person to start in any job at the time their predecessor leaves. I can't see any other way it would work to be honest :D

Sorry, what I was alluding to was the timeline of events.

I understood there were five candidates for the position of Chief Executive, of which four of them were very well-known and employed by the Council, with Dave Clark being the fifth applicant.

I wonder if he had met any of the councillors prior to his interview?

I guess the four aspirants all gave a good account of themselves on how they saw the job and what was required to fulfil the remit etc, but that Clark's presentation seemed to have swayed most of the councillors like palm-trees in a hurricane.

If he had not been able to convince the councillors that he was the best person for the job, would the position have remained vacant, to await a further re-interview of the applicants.

I understand Morgan Goodlad left on the 31st May.

I have no personal experience of the man at all; I merely highlight the importance of remembering where 'the line' lies ;)

I accept your point about what line the subject may take here

But where the line lies apply’s to the councillors to, and on standards

More than anything else and Mr cluness has faild here.

But the following statement

"And I have had dealings with him as a councillor as well. And he is indeed arrogant. "

Was made by me as I have indeed met him. It is my own opinion and due to that fact

It is not the opinion of Shetlink Forum in anyway. I also except that some might like him

I don’t like the man and I have not put anything here that I would not say to him on any platform in any hall in the world

And now he is reporting other’s about there standards. speak about the kettle calling the pot black.

How can he talk about other people standards when his lesser than white himself. He should learn to keep his own mouth shut sometimes. And he has not consulted the whole council, just his little band of brothers O! Mr . clark and his Shetland equivalent to the Spanish Inquisition.

He is throwing mud at others. But when you throw mud, the hole he is standing in get that little bit deeper, and he is now himself up to his neck in the poo

And that's being arrogant at it's highest level

3. 'Arrange' for his pall Willie No Job to be moved sideways into this new post.

4. Continue vendetta against the Chief Executive until leaves - willingly or not.

Just because it seems stupid or far fetched, just remember this is the SIC we are speaking about !

Nice one Stirrer. You may just have something there. All this stuff about Wills being a saint and Willie No Job an excellent "fixer" is absolute nonsense. :wink:

Nice one Stirrer. You may just have something there. All this stuff about Wills being a saint and Willie No Job an excellent fixer is absolute nonsense.

I wasn't aware it was a Full Moon. :mrgreen:

Well, it sure as hell has taken them long enough to get their fingers out....

COUNCILLORS in Shetland are understood to be discussing in private whether to call for a vote of no confidence in their convener Sandy Cluness.

http://www.shetland-news.co.uk/2009/November/news/Pressure%20grows%20on%20Sandy.htm

What I'd like to know now is why they're they're not discussing a no confidence vote for both Convener and Chief Executive?!?

http://www.shetland-news.co.uk/2009/November/news/Pressure%20grows%20on%20Sandy.htm

What I'd like to know now is why they're they're not discussing a no confidence vote for both Convener and Chief Executive?!?

What I think is infinitely more worrying than that is that we have councillors who still don't appear to understand or care about their own code of conduct and think it was "wrong" for Cllr Wills to be reported.

Thats the same as saying its the police's fault if they catch someone driving drunk...

What I think is infinitely more worrying than that is that we have councillors who still don't appear to understand or care about their own code of conduct and think it was "wrong" for Cllr Wills to be reported.

Thats the same as saying its the police's fault if they catch someone driving drunk...

Maybe they're the ones who can see the hypocracy of the situation, given Cluness' apparent attitude and remarks when he himself was on the receiving end of a similar complaint.

Personally I don't think making the complaint against Wills was necessarily "wrong", just very petty, and both extremely unhelpful and counterproductive, all things considered.