mirrie dancers

bigton

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps the execution of the display belies its £338,433 price tag.

Perhaps to qualify as art, the work should be beautiful or significant in some way, or appeal to the senses so as to conjour some emotion from the viewer. I'm not sure that the mixture of annoyance and sadness usually described can be attributed to the successful conveyance of the artists vision.

Perhaps the proprietor of the garden centre at Tingwall allegedly being asked by the project coordinator if he would switch off his popularly priced christmas lights, as they were overshadowing the display in the glasshouses, says something of how impressive the Mirrie lights are. :twisted:

Perhaps projects of merit should be sought rather than this art for the sake of spending available funding.

I read ida Shetland Times dat da kirk next door is playing host ida latter half o January........ I can hardly wait!

It'll maybe reduce my carbon footprint fur a peerie start, saving on ootside light bulbs & torch batteries when I'm pitten da black bag oot fur da essy kert.

ART?

Guest Anonymous

Maybe the next time we give this wife a grant to go somewhere it should be conditional on it being one way.

Complete and utter waste of money as are her many many funded by us mugs trips awa.

Took a run out to Tingwall tonight to see the "Merry Dancers" !!!!!!!

Merry............I don't think so!

Dancers............More like a gentle amble.

All in all it was an underwhelming experience.

Not 'merry'... :roll: :wink:

'Mirrie Dancers' is the Shetland term for the Northern Lights or Aurora Borealis. :D