Thistle / Delting

Radarman

Guest Anonymous

I'd say a ten game ban for the player and a six point deduction for Delting, should serve both a harsh lesson and warn off others from pulling similar stunts. Six point deduction would make the league a bit more intersting anyway.

All those in favour say aye.....

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say a ten game ban for the player and a six point deduction for Delting, should serve both a harsh lesson and warn off others from pulling similar stunts. Six point deduction would make the league a bit more intersting anyway.

Six points in which competition?

Also keep in mind nobody knows Delting have done anything wrong here. Unless they are pleading that they didn't know the said player had signed for Thistle? But didn't they play each other in the Highland Fuels?

I think with the size of Shetland football it would be most unlikely that Delting didn't know that he had signed and been made captain by the new Thistle management, in that case they are as naive as the player.

I think some sort of penalty is required otherwise it makes a mokery of the rules. Maybe it would require arbitration by the Scotish FA?

I can't see the point in Thistle not allowing a player to play for another club if he wishes.

Remember this is Shetland football we are talking about.

Maybe not but as I say for the good of a wider intrest in the game here it does not help when the best side strengthen at the expense of others. Perhaps Delting need to take a look at their signing policy?

I think with the size of Shetland football it would be most unlikely that Delting didn't know that he had signed and been made captain by the new Thistle management, in that case they are as naive as the player.

I think some sort of penalty is required otherwise it makes a mokery of the rules. Maybe it would require arbitration by the Scotish FA?

I agree on the first point.

As far as it going to the SFA, that won't happen unless the player appeals to them and in their eyes he will be 100% at fault.

I can't see the point in Thistle not allowing a player to play for another club if he wishes.

Remember this is Shetland football we are talking about.

Yes but there is a proper way to do this, he goes to Thistle and says 'look I'm really not happy and I want to join Delting', in this case Thistle might as well let him go, but the way he gone about it Thistle is quite right to say 'no son, your our player, and Delting - pootle off'.

There is no point in Thistle not letting him go to Delting. He doesn't want to play for them anymore.

I'm sure the Thistle players and management will get over it. :cry: :cry:

No, he wants a new job at (**Moderator Edit - Name removed**) getting paid three times what he is already... :lol:

There is no point in Thistle not letting him go to Delting. He doesn't want to play for them anymore.

I'm sure the Thistle players and management will get over it. :cry: :cry:

No, he wants a new job at Sullom getting paid three times what he is already... :lol:

......I'm sure they'll get over that too !!

It will be interesting to see if thistle dont release the afore mentioned individual, wether they play him or not? regardless of any ban that might be handed out, personally if he's not happy at thistle then they should let him go it will only cause dissent in the ranks and if he does get banned then he will be of little use to them, its not the first club this has happend to in shetland and eventually they will get over it though it will make for some added spice to the games between thistle and Delting. also it will be interesting if there is a Jim Tait exclusive in the times tomorrow 8O