Shetland Football 2011

Junior Baiano

Who will win the 2011 G&S Flooring Premier League?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the 2011 G&S Flooring Premier League?

• Spurs
    • Whalsay
    • Delting
    • Celtic
    • Whitedale
    • Ness
    • Thistle
    • Scalloway

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing much to report on the transfer front other than I hear Lowrie Simpson is on the move to Ness, in a deal said to be worth 8 bags of tatties to the Lerwick outfit, in a effort to up their carb intake, which was so low last season it was felt it hindered their title run in.

I predict that Whalsay will again win the premier league this year, and a couple of the cups, spurs and whitedale possibly Celtic to be in the running for them.

Player of the year will be a tough one, but Karl Williamson, Leighton Flaws, James Johnston if fit will be in contention. Top goalscorer Jamie Wilson has to be up there again along with last years contenders.

Good luck to all teams and players competitng in the SFA competitions this season.

llo all...very much looking forward to a new footballing season in shetland.

A few notable comings and goings are:

Jordan Hunter has left Celtic and joined Spurs, whilst Connel Gresham has moved to the mainland and is likely to miss the season as he has no plans of coming back

Veteran Michael Williamson has joined Thistle along with Stevie Coutts stepping up from works league outfit Real Cosmos

John Wiliiam Laurenson has moved from Burra to Scalloway

As far as awards go, I think James Aitken will win top goalscorer and James Johnston player of the season as I believe this will be a good year for Spurs FC