bin laden dead

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the unlikely event the US really have faked Bin Laden's death, aren't they going to look a little silly when he eventually turns up alive and well?

Not really. They'll just trot out the old "We got the right guy, we DNA'd to prove it, and they're waving a doppelganger around to try and discredit us" card.

Given that there's a dearth of verifiable conclusive evidence that Laden has been alive anytime after 2001, I don't think proving he's dead will end up being their biggest headache, rather it'll be proving when the real guy died.

“I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy, returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.†- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy, returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.†- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

I must be going soft in my old age but i tend to agree in this case. Venting uncle Sams wrath on a hunted fugitive proves nothing more than the point he was making all along. Although one mans terrorist is anothers freedom fighter the points to be made by both sides has gone to the ultimate extreme as seems to be human nature. Yes the west is morally bankrupt , yes foreign policies revolve around oil, yes capitalism has no place for the poor , but terrorising the non Muslim world does not endear anybody to thier views. It doesn't look like either side is backing down either

Am I the only one who thinks this whole story is a massive overreaction?

Had it happened ten years ago, yeah I can see it warranting a front page story and a headline spot in the ten o clock news, but its been two days now of "continuing coverage", not to mention there has been barely a mention of the death of Sir Henry Cooper, someone far more worthy of a headline or two..

^^ Agreed entirely. ObL served his purpose nine years ago, and has effectively been in retirement ever since. Had they taken him in 9-9 1/2 years ago, it might have served some practical purpose, now it has more than a hint of sour grapes and vendetta about it.

Yes, the world is almost certainly a marginally better place without him, but in practical terms his removal makes, and will make such a minimal difference it will be hardly detectable. The guy is not only yesterday's news, he's last decade's news.

So he was unarmed. big deal.

The people in the Twin Towers were mostly unarmed. as all of his victims around the world were!

Ta. Ta Sooty good riddance

Just like the IRA! squealing like pigs about a “shoot to kill policy†when they faced someone with a gun in there hand

Blimey, I just don't know where to start with that one Parahandy.

Maybe to ask that you read GypsyScy's post above and take a three deep breaths.

I recall making similar posts when Hussein was executed. Rejoicing in the death of another is a conflicted moral high ground adopt.:wink:

It is unless you are in charge.

Though I do not remember jubilant cheers when Bobby Sands died and the Bloody Sunday incident.

Though I do recall OCCUPATION.

Perhaps the key is not to Occupy another nation. This sorta goes back years. When France was occupied, did not an underground movement that set traps and would use methods unheard of to destroy small parts of the enemy.

We need the oil. So ours don't run dry perhaps.

Guest Anonymous
Though I do not remember jubilant cheers when Bobby Sands died

you were never at Ibrox then, I have to say I remember the chant of "do you want a sandwich bobby sands" rather fondly. :lol: and that's the only one that I could get away with repeating on here.

quite a few folk were rather happy when that murderer breathed his last.

That could be religious bigotry then, rather than anything else. Good link. The Americans are slowly being turned against Islam and the Muslim faith. I fear that this is turning into a creed thing. Remember with Ireland, both sides were murderers as was the British Army.

But that is settled and slowly going through the processes.

Thanks for bringing that up, I knew someone would.