Airport cafe

mikeyboy

I am amazed that anyone thinks that's the best cook they have ever worked with! He/they can't even make ecent coffee, the food is cold and the manners are appalling - whether there's snow or not!!!!! What happened to the customer is always right - especially if the customer is paying?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really wanting to spoil the fun here but I'm sure everyone reading this thread knows who this person is. I don't know him personally and as I've said MY experiences with him have always been fine but just remember it doesn't take a genius to work out who the person is and his family could be reading this!! I think its getting a bit personal now!

:) I have worked at the airport for a number of years and the food and service has always been poor. Several complaints have gone in to the owner of the cafe and the airport authorities, from the public and the staff, and nothing is ever done been done about it.

The guy in question is a nice guy to people he likes but to everyone else, he has no time or patience. They just get in the way of his chatting and gossiping, and if you challenge him he is rude and you get food practically thrown at you. He might be a great chef but most of the food there is made elsewhere and heated at the airport.

If he is the "best chef" then he should know about health and hygiene procedures i.e. handling newspapers and money at the same time as food without ever cleaning his hands.

As in any retail/service outlet they are taking our hard earned cash, the least they can do is give a smile :) and manners cost nothing.

If you read carefully I said he was one of the best cooks I had worked with a chef is different in the trade.

Suddenly expletives come to the fore ,these weren't mentioned before I think you have a very selective memory I think you are losing the plot.

A customer walks up to the counter can I have a cuppa? no prob , can I have this paper? no prob, can I have a bacon roll? hold on i'll wash my hands,can I have a beer?, hold on i'll was my hands,(different dept), oh my son wants a roll now, hold on i'll wash my hands it somehow doesn't work,go to the Co-op, go to Skippy dock harbour cafe do they wash their hands evrytime I think not. Yet these places have high standards of cleanliness and deal with surly customers.

This is my last comment on this subject but get a life people, I can point out several miserable staff at Airport, also at a lot of other service establishments. I just feel sorry for you lot that you must be so helpful so happy all the time and never get the opportunity to feel [***Mod edit - content removed***] and be a real human.

Best wishes to those at Airport remember the staff used to complain a lot and they got 25% off. Now that will [***Mod edit - content removed***] these complainants

suggest you re read basic food hygine rules he has to. otherwise expect a stupidly large fine when someone gets sick. even my kids learnt that you wash your hand whilst preparing food. its very clear that if you think its not important then i think folks would be wise to bring a packed lunch with them. lets hope that the folks at the council are not reading this or he could get into trouble.

I've always had great service from everyone at the cafe including [***Mod edit - content removed***].

The food isn't Michelin Star quality, but it does the trick.

Trial by internet forum makes me a bit uncomfortable. Does this guy know you're talking about him on here?

Yeah but if you're paying you can say what you like on this forum about anybody, who cares who can see it!

Bloody pathetic, this chap is getting a battering on here and the mods are doing nothing about! :twisted:

...go to the Co-op, go to Skippy dock harbour cafe do they wash their hands evrytime I think not. Yet these places have high standards of cleanliness and deal with surly customers.

Think you'll find we do, we have a few more staff so don't need to move from one area to another as often, but I'd never touch food after handling money without washing my hands 1st (for example). Occasionally I do have to apologise and say "I'll just have to wash my hands".

I've always had great service from everyone at the cafe including [***Mod edit - content removed***].

The food isn't Michelin Star quality, but it does the trick.

Trial by internet forum makes me a bit uncomfortable. Does this guy know you're talking about him on here?

Yeah but if you're paying you can say what you like on this forum about anybody, who cares who can see it!

Bloody pathetic, this chap is getting a battering on here and the mods are doing nothing about! :twisted:

Fully agree with both these posts, this thread is pathetic and has seen its day, all points have been made. Hopefully the mods will lock and delete, shame on some of you :oops:

I've gone through this thread (now that I have a little bit more time to do so) and have edited out all the negative content that might identify a specific individual.

Trial by internet forum makes me a bit uncomfortable.

I agree, enkelt, so could we all keep this thread decent, please? Thanks! :)