Wife in white

banzai

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its diffrent. it shows how trusting shetlanders are to still pick up strangers. does the lady have a back up team as alone woman getting lifts is not always wise.

ye she has a lady and a dog called Roo follow her in a camper and she also has radio contact with her at all times. i have to admit to being curious too, so stopping to pick her up wasnt hard. lol she really is just a nice person, theres nothing strange about her at all.

Edit: I'm not going to be hypocritical just to please you lot. I'm well aware of how the project came about and I'm not the only person to comment on it being a daft idea.

I don't think they are asking anyone to be hypocritical. Seems more like they would like you to occasionally keep your opinions to yourself, particularly when the opinion is critical.

^ Why though? That would be censorship.

Wouldn't just not reading the posts of anyone the complainer(s) suspect may have a negative opinion of something, be a more sensible approach?

Shetlink - Shetland's Online Community: share information, share resources and communicate ideas

There'll need to be a change of tagline if its only positive/supportive ideas that are going to be unconditionally welcome. :wink:

^ I couldn't agree more, however when someone is "told" they should keep quiet as their opinion is probably a negative one, which is what Fatal Paper Cut said on the previous page, that's telling folk to can it unless they're going to praise it. Which is censorship rather than accusing folk of lack of thought in my book.

How I read Fatal Paper Cut's comments were more an expression of frustration and not an explicit shut up.

I agree not every thread on Shetlink should be happy clappy everything is great and don't say otherwise love fest. However, there are too many times a thread gets dragged off on a tangent because of negative comments that sometimes don't have to be made.

• 1 month later...