Israel vs. Middle Eastern Arab states

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

if he is anything like his old man (and I reckon he is) it will be a hell of a lot more than 800.

such lovely peace loving muslim that he is

Guest Anonymous
I don't understand why a libertarian would speak to the GOV, is that the joke?

"I don't understand" that should be your byline peat :lol:

Over 800 protestors killed in Syria and not a squeak from Shetlink's Middle East intelligensia.

Where's the outrage now Euripides, Marooned in Maywick, EM, petergear, DamnSaxon, KOYAANISQATSI, Xoni, Vicky, Claudias, GypsyScy et al?

Or is it .....different when Israel can't be scapegoated?

I can only speak for myself but I think the explanation is pretty obvious. Many of the current events in Syria are, as in numerous other places, deplorable. Consequently the situation is, rightly, being deplored. I am not aware of the USA or the EU arguing in favour of the Syrian government's activities. In the case of Israel, however, they do. Since the USA and the EU go along with Israel's attempts to portray itself as a civilised nation, it is indeed different when its actions drop below civilised norms.

I can only speak for myself but I think the explanation is pretty obvious. Many of the current events in Syria are, as in numerous other places, deplorable. Consequently the situation is, rightly, being deplored. I am not aware of the USA or the EU arguing in favour of the Syrian government's activities. In the case of Israel, however, they do. Since the USA and the EU go along with Israel's attempts to portray itself as a civilised nation, it is indeed different when its actions drop below civilised norms.

Israel's very existence suffers from a massive block of criticism at the UN from the Arab nations, take the blatantly anti-israel UNHRC and zionism is racism resolution. Why is the USA and EU the only barometer of what makes a civilised norm, and there are plenty of organised rabid anti-Israel opinion in both anyway.

And why is it that when you think Israel has strayed from this level of civilisation it becomes a target along the lines of barbaric nazi pirates when regimes like Syria who by the US and EU's views (which you seem to be taking as a valid indicator) are always behind the civilisation curve, never do?

And remember Syria and the way it runs its society has plenty of supporters in the Arab world too (essentially because these supporters run their countries in exactly the same uncivilised way), why are they disregarded by you and the US and EU taken as the gold standard?

Judging whether over 800 civilians murdered by the Syrian military while campaigning for a democratic and liberal society (much like Israel's) is worth condemnation based on what the EU and US think of the current events makes no sense.

Which is why I don't believe your answer. If there's no chance of blaming Israel for over 800 dead Syrian democracy protestors, not a squeak.

Where's the outrage now Euripides, Marooned in Maywick, EM, petergear, DamnSaxon, KOYAANISQATSI, Xoni, Vicky, Claudias, GypsyScy et al?

Or is it .....different when Israel can't be scapegoated?

Maybe someone PM'd the mods complaining about being offended and apparent breaches of the T&C's so all evidence of their outrage was then deleted. :roll:

Well it wouldn't be the first time :wink:

:-)

Or perhaps protestor denial has kicked in already. Well we have no real evidence that these 800 people really died do we? and its common knowledge if not PC to say that "the Arabs" are known for conspiring to gain the world's sympathies....can anyone provide me with the physical evidence of any guns that can be proved to have been used on the protestors rather than badly faked youtube and spurious eyewitness reports?

Guest Anonymous

I was living in Syria when his old man decided to machine gun over 2000 protesters in the palace square Damascus, bet it is almost impossible to find out anything about this by googling it. and if its not on wikipedia it never happened.

Not a squeak was heard from the liberal lefties when this outrage took place either. You are right gibber the double standards shown by the media and certain users on here is staggering. but not unexpected

Why is the USA and EU the only barometer of what makes a civilised norm,

Why ask me? I certainly don't believe such a ridiculous statement to be true so I'm hardly inclined to offer an explanation.

And why is it that when you think Israel has strayed from this level of civilisation it becomes a target

If you bother to read what I said you will find I have already explained why.

Which is why I don't believe your answer.

Your choice. I will not be losing sleep over your doubt.

You do indeed have a strange sense of humour. I fail to see how you can find such a matter so funny as to merit even a single laughing smiley.

Or perhaps protestor denial has kicked in already. Well we have no real evidence that these 800 people really died do we? and its common knowledge if not PC to say that "the Arabs" are known for conspiring to gain the world's sympathies....can anyone provide me with the physical evidence of any guns that can be proved to have been used on the protestors rather than badly faked youtube and spurious eyewitness reports?

Astounding hypocrisy given the hue and cry you made on the forums and letters page of the paper about other people's comments in the Holocaust thread.

Your recent posts seem to be nothing more than attempt to goad others into a repeat of the situation.

And your 'smilies' are in very, very poor taste. They may be an attempt at humour but, given the gravity of the event and the amount of hassle you caused the other moderators and I earlier this year, I'm failing to see the funny side.

I'm guessing gibbers use of smileys was responding to my use of smileys.

In my original version of the post I didn't use any but sarcasm got the better of me.

What I would say to anyone listed by gibber, do you really want to enter into another debate with someone who demands deletions of posts that he doesn't agree with?

I don't want to get into a debate with a cowardly little turd who includes my name in a list of - well, I'm not exactly sure what it's a list of - and doesn't have the balls to stand up and explain why.

So, Gibber, you've had your chance. Too late now.

For the record, unless you can point out otherwise, I believe my contributions to this thread have been to point out your debating ineptitude and flawed reasoning.

I'm guessing gibbers use of smileys was responding to my use of smileys.

In my original version of the post I didn't use any but sarcasm got the better of me.

What I would say to anyone listed by gibber, do you really want to enter into another debate with someone who demands deletions of posts that he doesn't agree with?

That's right, I was just mirroring the inanity of such denial like the Holocaust denial JohanofNess was alluding to. I'm very sorry if people believed this was my genuine opinion :?:

Initially I didn't want any of the evidence of Holocaust denial and the arguments for and against removed. Shetlink's position is that no Holocaust denial is present in the thread and the thread is presently under review, not deleted.

I still have the lengthy list of what I found offensive which is still available to anyone who asks for it (assuming peeriebryan et al are happy with that). If this whole issue is to be revived (which I don't want) then the best result would be to make the thread available for view but locked to prevent further anti-semitic posts and to see the arguments in context rather than just what I think is offensive.

And your 'smilies' are in very, very poor taste. They may be an attempt at humour but, given the gravity of the event and the amount of hassle you caused the other moderators and I earlier this year, I'm failing to see the funny side.

If you're going to host unmoderated unending Holocaust denial and then deny it is what it is then the hassle isn't caused by me.

Your recent posts seem to be nothing more than attempt to goad others into a repeat of the situation.

My recent posts have been in regard to the double standard Israel is held to. If my response (to someone else humourously alluding to previous posts) bookended by bright yellow smilies and obviously a parody of the stupidity of denial (until recently given a serious platform here) is too subtle for Shetlink then I again offer my apologies.

Considering that some here were actually starting to turn toward a serious historical consideration of Holocaust denial last time, I shouldn't have underestimated some of the audience for such a post so badly. Just to make clear to the hard of thinking, Syria is killing civilians by the hundreds, probably by the thousands....where is the outrage now?