Is there any point.....

Colin

Trying to sell something on Shetlink...?

OK, I don't try to sell anything that often (pretty rarely in fact) but, does anyone else find it irritating to post an advert and, as if by magic, it seems to be buried under 3 pages of "kittens needing a home", "Dogs needing a home", clapped out vehicles described as 'Isles cars', baby clothes, shoes.....etc...

Pretty silly rant really as "yer takes yer chance" and all that.

It's just that, to me anyway, most of the ad's are for "tat" or things that I am just not interested in.

How about a paid for "stay on top" feature that would last  a few days or so?  At least then we could be sure that our own 'wonderfull'(?) adverts would be visible for a little while instead of being swamped under an avalanche of garbage....

Either that or, it's back to Amazon/Ebay.. :razz: .

Trying to sell something on Shetlink...?

OK, I don't try to sell anything that often (pretty rarely in fact) but, does anyone else find it irritating to post an advert and, as if by magic, it seems to be buried under 3 pages of "kittens needing a home", "Dogs needing a home", clapped out vehicles described as 'Isles cars', baby clothes, shoes.....etc...

Pretty silly rant really as "yer takes yer chance" and all that.

It's just that, to me anyway, most of the ad's are for "tat" or things that I am just not interested in.

How about a paid for "stay on top" feature that would last  a few days or so?  At least then we could be sure that our own 'wonderfull'(?) adverts would be visible for a little while instead of being swamped under an avalanche of garbage....

Either that or, it's back to Amazon/Ebay.. :razz: .

Or the Shetland Times classifieds?.  Must admit that I missed your advert and in fact I would be interested in something just like that as long as it was no more than 10 miles from home which rules you out.  Maybe I have just got lazy and only look at the list of "latest classifieds" every time I check Shetlink.

Like  I said, it was a bit of a silly rant.  Just frustrated that my precious(?) bicycle did not get the exposure I thought it deserved..  :cry:   It's a decent machine and, with the exception of the isles, I have ridden it all over Shetland.

The suggestion for a 'paid for' placing was quite serious though.  Would sort the wheat from the chaff.

Either way, I have a few other quality(?) items that I no longer use and I am a little reluctant to have them buried in the same way, particularly as I will not (officially) be able to re-list them for 14 days....  By which time, I just might be inclined to keep them...  :roll:

No, I think it's a valid point.

I know the Shetlink Classifieds is a very popular place but there's an increasing number of people in Shetland who will try to sell anything.

I see it even more on Facebook with the various Shetland Classifieds pages where the same people bombard the page(s) with stuff that most folk would stick to a charity shop.

It was so bad I just unsubscribed.

Popular? yes, very popular but, I am aware of a few people around Lerwick who buy and sell all kinds of 'tat' because that's what they 'do'.  Most of the stuff they sell would also be refused/binned by any self respecting charity shop.

[shameless Plug]

I'm going to try listing a sea fishing reel tonight.  Just to see how it gets on..

[/shameless Plug]