black lives matter

I hadn't paid much attention to Bahar Mustafa as I found it difficult to maintain enough interest in what she said to figure out what her reasoning was. But in the spirit of healthy debate I watched the video you posted and read some articles, and I agree that there are clear double standards that might be considered hate speech.

I expect most of the controversy was based on the perception of double standards rather than the prejudicial statements themselves.

You know what happened to Munroe Bergdorf?

I've just read that she's been appointed by L'oreal to a "Diversity & Inclusion Advisory Board", which would appear to be a rearguard PR action by the company given her previous relationship with them https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/munroe-bergdorf-rehired-l-or-al-3-years-after-being-n1228376

I hadn't heard about the Chelsea Russell case, which would seem to be a needless and officious case.

I think Mark Meechan is a rather unpleasant character, but I have no problem with him expressing his political views. I suppose one positive aspect of Brexit is that he won't be standing for UKIP at the EU elections again.

The reason he became so famous was the Streisand effect over the absurd way he was treated by the government.

And I so think tunnel vision exacerbate the double standard issue if not arguably being the cause.

The only examples of discrimination being presented in their public awareness campaigns and propaganda are invariably White Heterosexual Men targeting BAME and LGBTP+ groups.

and even if the laws are written in neutral language the enforcement in never neutral,

We have terms like

Non-ethnic and Diverse

Racial-ised people, yes Racial + ised

and "White privilege" to which many are drawing comparisons with perceived "Jewish privilege" in the Wiemar republic.

The above examples are perhaps representative of an inequitable system, but I don't believe they invalidate the core principles of BLM.

I dont think BLM has been able to sufficiently adapt to the "All lives matter" crowd,

They are largely failing its test by getting angry at it when the sensible response would be to question if there is any Tunnel vision/Target fixation among themselves and work together with anyone else who wants actual equality

Dis is kinda interestin https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jun/29/groundbreaking-report-reveals-racial-bias-in-english-football-commentary

Groundbreaking report reveals racial bias in English football commentary

I think it would be good to compliment this research by testing the intelligence and strength of the people being commented on.

If there is a racial angle we would need to check how strong and intelligent they are per individual,

Because the comments not matching the results would be the easiest way to prove that.

Edited by NullVoid

Why bother testing "strength" and "intelligence"?  It's meaninless. 

The article outlines a percieved bias by commentators.  It did not specifically mention just how many commentators were "analysed" and only seemedd to concentrate on one sport.  There must be hundreds or even thousands of commentators all with an opinion.  Were the authors "cherry picking" for low hanging fruit ?

Professional sports people tend to be very strong, super fit individuals and I would guess that their "strength" would put most of the rest of us to shame.

As for "intelligence", if you were to test for that I would guess that the outcome would be in line with the rest of the population, a "broadly average" demographic.

As for "intelligence", if you were to test for that I would guess that the outcome would be in line with the rest of the population, a "broadly average" demographic.

Which athletes are stronger than the others is something that should be looked into if we are to determine who has has their intelligence and strength overlooked respectively

As for intelligence best to focus on n most applicable attributes such as reaction speed and ability to focus and keep track of the game and make sensible decisions throughout.

If somebody is being complimented on intelligence yet relied on sheer strength that would be what they are looking to prove.

Therefore to check for bias match up the compliments and criticism with the observed reality of what their strength and intelligence is found to be

Oy vey I know where this is going

Nothing to see here get bank to talking about "white monopoly capital"

WE THOUGHT THEY WERE WHITE:

An African-American apologizes for misattributed perceptions of white racism against blacks perpetrated by. . .

On a serious note there is a 50/50 chance thus went over their head and they just thought that these were ordinary old "white" men and now some of the more extreme people in blm may now have turned their attention to a group they otherwise wouldn't have thought of.

Of course this will be burried and memory holed asap it's only front page news when it's bad or for whomever opposes the mainstream media's chosen faction

*If* BLM were promoting equality for all, regardless of colour, creed or anything else, then fine, let them fill their boots. Its a futile cause, but whatever, its still a worthwhile one.....

That's pretty much the core message;......

It sure as hell ain't as long as there is one, and only one minority mentioned in their chosen title.

You might as well try and argue that, for example, the Rangers Supporters Club promotes all football with the logic you're using.

Since the conversation about BLM proper is on loop,

Whats the local "Shetland Staands wi Black Lives Matter” solidarity group upto now?

Technically that is its own thing rather than a Chapter of BLM, any changes, events ect besides what we have already seen?

I’ve been at work for most of the lockdown so I haven’t actually seen a demonstration in person, so I am relying on what I heard about them.

Seeing as we have upcoming political issues such as a huge spike in unemployment and Hong Kong defectors ariving at the same time and people who want equality but have reservations over BLM not being sufficiently egalitarian/neutral,

Perhaps a successor movement is its next step.