The most bizarre place you've bumped into a Shetlander?

peeriebryan

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

The lift of the Empire State Building. It was my mums old music teacher, now retired and living in England. She was on holiday in New York.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I met a lad fae my primary in a clothes shop in sydney, i just truned the corner looking at jeans and there he was looking at the same hahaha it was strange at the time as i was there with a load of other shetlanders!

Also met a lass fae levenwick who was actually working on the same offshore ship as me that was a strange one as normally very few ladies onboard think we had three that trip outta 80 crew and for one too be a shetlander i was surprised!

• 2 weeks later...

In New Zealand as we speak looking like a lobster. Haven't bumped into any Shetlanders as such, met a couple on purpose though. Still a few weeks to go so I will update as and when it happens. The owner of the Backpackers that I am staying at (at the moment) is a bloke that wants to go to Shetland though...does that count? When askes why he replied, "I want to go to Shetland in the middle of winter when it is wet and windy as it is the farthest place from here. Human nature is a strange thing. Maybe people do need to get away! :)

Remember how I never got around to booking accommodation in Whakatane? I got there and was sitting outside a pub supping on a beer (Waikato Draught) when someone pointed out a sign on the roof. I have been living above a pub for the past few days!!! Not only that but had lock-ins most nights. The beer is good, the weather is great.

So far I have not bumped into any shetlanders except for the ones that I knew I was going to.