Introduce Yourself

Salmon

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a tendancy to speak my mind and have no time for PC rubbish so if I offend you then I make no apologies for it as you are free to offend me and I wont go crying to the mod like a baby about it.

Anyway feel free to ask anything you like...

What colour of knickers are you wearing?

They might not be - sorry, couldn't resist! Welcome to the madhouse, rusticrunes. :twisted:

I have a tendancy to speak my mind and have no time for PC rubbish so if I offend you then I make no apologies for it as you are free to offend me and I wont go crying to the mod like a baby about it.

Anyway feel free to ask anything you like...

What colour of knickers are you wearing?

They might not be - sorry, couldn't resist! Welcome to the madhouse, rusticrunes. :twisted:

Thanks for the welcome so when do I get a fitting for the jacket ;)

Thanks for the welcome so when do I get a fitting for the jacket ;)

I'm not sure TBH - I did hear a rumour that straitjackets embossed with the Shetlink logo were to be made available to prolific posters but mine appears to have got lost in the post. :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

Since this is my first post here I might as well post in this thread to say hello and ask a question.

I stuck up an ad in situations vacant earlier today saying that I am available for maths tutoring and the ad appears to have vanished... Is this because it broke some rules or has it disappeared for unknown reasons?

• 1 month later...

I just found this...was digging around... Too early even for birdies at the time... I read all 11 pages - do I get a gold star?

I'm Voicebox, moved to Fetlar from Sussex in 2009 with my husband, his parents were poorly and living in Sandwick... Anyway, they died last year and we stayed on in Shetland - smashing place, especially Fetlar! Hubby's a retired air traffic controller and I'm an ex music teacher - vocals and guitar. We stayed because of the peace and quiet, beauty etc

We now devote our time to study - Kabbalah, philosophy, psychology, Christianity, so much more! I still love singing but the moment music is taking a back seat to our study and experiments...mind machines!! Perfectly safe!

(no comments please) :D oh go on then! Open the floodgates!

In between study and experiments, I love growing food and making jewellery with semi-precious stones...

Just got involved in Transition Shetland because of the coming crisis and also because I believe we need to be more independent in food security etc

We gave up our car in 2009 - what a relief that was! So we rely on public transport, would love to see a pony and cart being used on Shetland... (someone's got to do something with those small squat horses!!)

Anyways, I'll shut up now, great to meet such a friendly bunch.

I have got involved with the Transition Movement here. We have now managed to build the start of a community garden. It is good fun.

http://www.transitionnetwork.org/

Get your stuff on the above link.

Secured grants from partnerships and working now on some local company involvement, I am looking forward to home grown sweetcorn. We will be having a harvest BBQ, and hope to be able to use much of what we grow.

Good luck with your wee garden.