Councillors - Elections & Golden Goodbyes

Fjool

Good riddance to 'em I say , pity about paying them to go though , but then again its maybe a small price to pay considering the damage they could do if elected again. Hopefully the new blood will have some experience in the financial sector and will take the whip hand with these so called "officials" (they love being called that !!) as for too long now its been the tail wagging the dog----------and the dog didnt know why !!

Another thing why not remove this "officials" title and call them what they are CLERKS , thus removing that annoying scraping sound caused by their massive heads scraping the sides of the corridors. :lol:

from my experience it is those from the financial sector that have ruined many aspects of work within the council.. I say leave it to the professionals of each sector to do their job..

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another thing why not remove this "officials" title and call them what they are CLERKS , thus removing that annoying scraping sound caused by their massive heads scraping the sides of the corridors. :lol:

"Hired Help" or "Staff" works too, I'm all for it....God knows who dubbed them "officials" in the first place, it's hardly descriptive of their roles IMHO.

Not going to name names.. but there are A lot of people that do their job very well and if it were not for the "oh that doesn't help my brother or 10th cousin once removed group" you would probably see a far more organised council. I am only involved with one area of the council.. but I believe there are good people in all departments that do their best with what they have. and just like computer programs there is a lot of knowledge and know how that is just not utilised to its full potential because they are squandered by politics.

If the "Council" could get rid of this mentality of prioritising projects due to popularity over need then things would be far better of for everyone.. but since Joe public always want the project that effects them done first.. then it will never happen.

Fair comment twerto but there are a lot of deadweight and very very unhelpful people in the sic who would do well to remember that they are there to serve us and not the other way around , these are the types of people who should be weeded out but complain as people may nothing happens , no action is ever taken. But I do agree with you that there are good people in the sic who just shake their heads in exasperation and get on with it the best they can.

Fair comment twerto but there are a lot of deadweight and very very unhelpful people in the sic who would do well to remember that they are there to serve us and not the other way around , these are the types of people who should be weeded out but complain as people may nothing happens , no action is ever taken. But I do agree with you that there are good people in the sic who just shake their heads in exasperation and get on with it the best they can.

I better no say too much here, but i'm sure "Joe Public" wid be horrified if he kent just how many fok feels dat exasperation within da cooncil, an just how few fok actually causes it.

Wan or two bad eegs wi personal agenda's an convenient relations can do a lot o damage in a peerie organisation...

When I think about it this is yet another very expensive coke-up invented by the Scottish talkng parllyjoke in the central belt.

They have spent millions on this system of “bringing in young blood†to local councils. Wait and see, we will not be the only voters from around the country who will be unable to cast a vote in May because there will be many uncontested seats and some with no candidates.

• 1 month later...