Dog fouling

peeriebryan

Should people who let their dogs foul be prosecuted  

149 members have voted

1. 1. Should people who let their dogs foul be prosecuted

• Yes
    • No

You do realise that whatever you say to your ignorant neighbours they will probably fall out with you!? Pick it up and lob it at them .. square on in the chops if you can manage. Probably get done with assault .. but hey, they'll maybe think twice before they let their dogs poop in their psycho neighbours garden again!? :?: :lol:

Nah! Seriously though, talk with them .... they're your 'neighbour'. Bit of leeway and common neighbourliness and all that jazz! !?!? no? That still does exist doesn't it?

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Mam had the same problem with some one down the road. In the end she was so angry she picked it up, went over and knocked on their door and when they answered said I believe this belongs to you and put it in their hand :lol:

Honest :lol:

She's even done it with people who've being parked and thrown rubbish out the car and the like. Surprised she's not been beaten up yet :!:

A friend had a problem with his next door neighbour's dog turdting in his garden. One day he called me and was absolutely livid, he had actually seen his neighbour opening his garden gate to let the dog in to do it's business.

After I advised him what to do he never had any more problems.

I told him to set up a toilet roll on his neighbours doorstep (but make sure they see you do it) when they ask what you are doing say these words loud and clear...

" I like to return any favours given to me.

The only difference is I LIKE TO WIPE MY ass AFTERWARDS".

He never had any more dog turd in his garden after that.

• 1 month later...

Not sure if this is the right place but after advice.

Down here in virkie there is a dog owner who persists in letting their dogs do their business without bothering to clean up the mess. I could understand if it was in a ditch or field but this is near paths where children walk and play.

I thought about having a word with them but the dogs are large!!

How do i resolve this messy situation.

DD

(*** Mod - Merged ***)

Down here in virkie there is a dog owner who persists in letting their dogs do their business without bothering to clean up the mess. I could understand if it was in a ditch or field but this is near paths where children walk and play.

DD

Take photos and pass on to the council........What kind of dogs are they, are they Shar Pei ?

DD

Take photos and pass on to the council........What kind of dogs are they, are they Shar Pei ?

not sure what make they are big and tanned coloured.

As I have said before, why does the SIC not put free dog poo bags next to the dog waste bins? They do this in stavanger and it works as it encourages people to do it rather than have some aliens in yellow coats chasing them along the pavement and handing out £40 fines. Also if you have these free poo bags, dog owners simply have no excuse.

Maybe such an idea is beyond the comprehension of the SIC, well they did hand out £250,000 after tax to the ex chief executive, surely this money would've been better spent encouraging shetland dog owners to pick up poo than help the chief exec buy wine, cigars and a new lilo for his holiday?

Perhaps as the owner of two medium sized shar pei, red fawn in colour, classed as medium sized dogs, somebody would care to accompany us on our walks or visit where we live; see the lovely green bags courtesy of the Council we get from Toab shop and watch me in the pouring rain pick up said dog poo.

The dogs NEVER poo on the pavement (they never have) but, on occasion, when it has been blowing a gale and they are near the ditch in long grass, it has not been possible to pick it up.

Both dogs are trained to poo on grass and I can assure you, many an evening hubby has come in with said mutts with 2 or 3 green bags and I have the LOVELY job of disposing it down the loo.

We are, however, aware of several other dog owners in Virkie who never pick the dog poo up.

Edit: Hubby has just advised me that he has also picked up dog poo that our dogs didn't do.

DD

Care to identify the approx general location(s) of this dog s***e? Virkie kinda sprawls over a significant area, and has a good sized dog and dog walker population. If nothing else it would forewarn the rest of us to mind our feet when in those areas.

The dogs may be large, but I'm not sure what that has to do with anything, its not them that needs talking to. Unless the owner is particularly large and/or intimidating too, or is a waif who doesn't look like they'd be able to fully control their animals if they became boisterous, I don't see the problem with calling them on it. At least it would give them a heads up to change their ways, and if they didn't heed the warning, they can hardly complain when they get done for it.

It just seems fairer to me to give the person notice in an unofficial way that they're causing a problem and give them a chance to do something about it, rather than sneaking an anonymous complaint to authorities. The latter tends to get folks backs up and cause ill-feeling.

hiya, inform the environmental health dept and get them to sort the problem, they are good at patroling areas like this. you can be annoymous too

well I doubt that !? The head of that particular department lives close to wiz and the amount of dog excrement in wir area has increased considerably in the past few weeks. :cry:

Guest Anonymous

I don't think it would be allowed on this forum but, Does anyone believe that 'naming and shaming' thing would work against people that obviously don't care?

You are correct, it wouldn't be allowed on this forum. Not only would it technically be an invasion of privacy but say, for instance, a user had a gripe against another user who owned a dog, then they could come on here anonymously and lie, or exaggerate, about a dog fouling problem just to get back at the person they have some grievance with. Especially if they knew where they lived and what type of dogs they owned. It could be quite convincing, especially if other users conveniently appeared to further this targeted line of personal attack.