Fuel Prices

mr_brain

But I use oil on my bike, it has gone up to a pound now.

The councils will pay a similar price, which means we are all paying apart from those who bank off shore

eh? The Government closed the loophole some time ago re those who bank offshore ShetlandPeat!

Unlink - What gave you that idea :?:

Knowing someone who got the letter from the Inland Revenue who had an offshore bank account only to find that HMRC now had contacted said offshore banks and were going after many people who had previously dodged tax in this way. Much to his dismay, he had to pay said dosh to the Inland Revenue. Many people thought they were safe and now know different. He invested offshore after having an immersion heater blow up in his face and he lost his job. He wasn't stinking rich but was a tax dodger nevertheless - until, like many others, they closed the offshore bank account loop.

Non Doms bank off shore, as do many rock stars and high fliers.

That is why there is upset about the amount companies and wealthy folk bank off shore, or handle their accounts away from these lands, how did so many lost cash during the banking crash which crippled the world and is still doing so.

I was not going to describe EVERY type of banking to maximise tax savings, I thought folk would sorta get it, there are no nits here.

• 4 weeks later...
I think We are now royally screwed it is deffinaitly time to leave this robbing country

We hae Europe’s biggest oil terminal on wir doorstep and we hae da country’s dearest fuel – very shune wir hills i’ll be destroyed whin dey big Europe’s biggest windfarm – an guess whit, wance dat's up we’ll shune hae da dearest fecking electricity in da country as weel.

Now £1.43 per litre for diesel and £1.40 for unleaded at GULF station in toon.

The sooner Tesco starts with fuel the better.

one monopoly to another, don't think that will achieve anything

Tesco would break Scottish Fuels monopoly. Tescos prices in Wick for fuel are 20p per litre cheaper than Shetland.

Hi, You missed the tiny 0.9p in the upper RH corner of each price display - 143.9 & 140.9

Effectively £1.44 & £1.41. ouch.... glad I filled up last week.

Hi, You missed the tiny 0.9p in the upper RH corner of each price display - 143.9 & 140.9

Effectively £1.44 & £1.41. ouch.... glad I filled up last week.

I filled up last week aswell, but what we've saved in the short run by getting fuel before the scum raised the price again, is little to savour considering we'll be paying the same as everyone else next time we fill up.

When everyone in the UK blockaded the depots in 2008 due to fuel prices the price of oil was us$140-ish a barrel, as of today it's gone down $0.14 to us$91.41, so howcomes we're paying more for fuel now than we did then?

It's a disgrace that the goverment turns a blind eye to it, just because they get more from price fixing through tax.

We all know the vat/duty on fuel has gone up 2.5%, but the price we pay in the uk is grossly inflated by the oil companies before it hits the pumps.

The fact we have europes largest oil terminal and most probably europes highest fuel prices is just a slap in the face!