Fuel Prices

mr_brain

Which oil fields could/may be affected by the shutdown at Grangemouth? How long would they take to come back online?

Unlikely it'll cause fields to shutdown - News programmes are reporting this in a bit of a sensationalist manner :roll: the refinery only takes 200kbbl/day from the FPS system, the other 600kbbl/day is shipped from Hound Point in the Firth of Forth. Just means a rejig of the shipping programme. Will mean a lot of gas will be flared @ the processing plant though :shock:

• 3 weeks later...

I was in Tesco today (mainland Scotland) for fuel and food, and while wandering around the clothes dept I did a very quick but staggering calculation:

For the price of one full tank of diesel for my car I could've bought no less than 20 pairs of jeans.

Fair enough the fuel might last longer than the saver jeans, but I think it is an incredible reflection of the 'cost' of goods today.

Still makes me shake my head in disbelief.

I was in Tesco today (mainland Scotland) for fuel and food, and while wandering around the clothes dept I did a very quick but staggering calculation:

For the price of one full tank of diesel for my car I could've bought no less than 20 pairs of jeans.

Have you got a small tank or have jeans gone up in price?

Guest Anonymous
Grantfield and Sound rocketed up by couple o pennies I see :roll: Diesel over the 140p mark now

I notice the price her in Norway is about 12 Kroner (£1.20). Must be the only thing that is cheaper than Shetland.

Have you got a small tank or have jeans gone up in price?

Jeans in Norway.... 300 kroner (£30.00), for made in China rejects. bout £70 - £80 for Wrangler, or similar quality jeans. :(

Guest Anonymous

^^^Weisdale was a funny place to refuel with a Berlingo.

Because of the way the forecourt sloped, I could get about 15 litres more in if the tank was on the upper side. They always were among the cheaper of the country pumps. :D