Mushrooms

Baron Farkoff

I remember reading a book about mushrooms wherein it is written that mushrooms are incredibly highly evolved beings who have used their vast and ageless wisdom to master space travel: by using spores to groove about between planets as conditions become right, imparting their cosmic wisdom to the creatures who ingest them. They become one with you, and while they are there,you get a little of the cosmic insight and collective wisdom they have experienced ever since things started dying, and decaying and giving birth to new life. I think it was by Terrence Mc Kenna.

Now obviously, this is possibly a load of hippy nonsense, and by giving even momentary credence to this theory I am already betraying my lack of scientific knowledge, but I can say that I have paid close attention to his pracical "research" and have found the results to be most interesting.

I have felt both the "at one with nature and the universe and everything" mellow I can feel the grass growing stuff and the manic mushroom dance energy that inspires berserkers and artists. Just from nibbling a few fungi dotted about on hills and fields all over the place... all depending on the mood of the time and the place. Dangerous and powerful things,too.

I really don't want to get into the legality issue here, but would love to hear any thoughts on the gentler, more human side of anyones experiences. Trows, anyone?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember reading a book about mushrooms wherein it is written that mushrooms are incredibly highly evolved beings who have used their vast and ageless wisdom to master space travel: by using spores to groove about between planets as conditions become right, imparting their cosmic wisdom to the creatures who ingest them. They become one with you, and while they are there,you get a little of the cosmic insight and collective wisdom they have experienced ever since things started dying, and decaying and giving birth to new life. I think it was by Terrence Mc Kenna.

This reminds me of a book I read once that said something along the lines of: "There are those who believe that magic is like the tide, that it ebbs and flows over the surface of the Earth, gathering in concentrated pools here and there and leaving other areas parched for wonder. There are also those who believe that if you stick your fingers up your nose and blow it will increase your intelligence."

they were still on sale last time I was in Holland a couple of months ago. the death was not an overdose just some prat that jumped of a bridge. and seeing that their have been several folks killed jumping of bridges while pissed maybe banning the sale of alchohol should be considered. as it has a much higher rate of plonker killing themselves

Guest Anonymous

Yes Baron Farkoff , I to have felt the wonder of creation , uplifted to a higher level of being and also had some of thew most wonderfully funny moments of my 34 years on this planet .

It is a special occasion event only though , to often can take away the magic .

Yep Amsterdam is best as you can have the luxury of trying mushrooms from all over the world , the only bad side effect i've had is my jaw aching from to much laughter.

I think all politicians , public servants etc should be sent on a weekend course of mushroom eating in Amsterdam before they are allowed to do thier jobs.