Mobile phone signal and service (coverage, contract, 3G etc)

Fifi

Vodafone maps don't show 3G as being available in Lerwick just now, according to this screenshot I took a couple of minutes ago. The only colour is blue, showing ordinary mobile coverage only.

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd58/MuckleJoannie/VodafoneFeb2010.jpg

http://online.vodafone.co.uk/dispatch/Portal/appmanager/vodafone/wrp?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=templateBlank&pageID=OS_0200

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^I'll check MJ. Out of curiosity... are your pals who were complaining about vodafone streaming getting a 3G indicator rather as the GPRS one they'd have been seeing for years gone by? I can only imagine the colour of my language if I tried stream youtube over GPRS :wink: I'm basically wondering if other voda users are seeing a 3G signal in the town or just new contracts.

One is def gprs on a 3g phone. The other is newer contract and much better phone (both 5th symbian) haven't had a proper play in town to see. suppose I'll have to in the name of science... I have come to the conclusion I don't like touch screen phones, and it all leads back to the ericsson p800.

• 1 month later...

Yes...sort of. There is 'general' coverage. If you read back through some of the threads on here then you will see that Vodafone has the best coverage, closely followed by O2. Orange tends to be a bit more patchy but generally works well up the West coast.

This may all have changed by now but I am sure somebody will be along soon to correct me.

• 1 month later...

Work in da toon - with O2 - Had no calls/texts (error in connection) all day, but showin full signal!! Some people have phoned da wark saying they've sent me texts and left messages on me mobile but I've received nowt!! :evil: On the other side of it it's been far quieter for me, therefore gettin far more done!! :D