Mobile phone signal and service (coverage, contract, 3G etc)

Fifi

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone else having problems with Vodafone?

Mine was down all day & night & this morning in my house,

but I got a few bars in a neighbours house yesterday afternoon.

The occasional text comes in, but my {old} phone is saying Emergency Only so I canna text / phone out.

Someone told me Orange had been down all day In Bigton on Wednesday- not sure how it is there now?

the mast still isnt up and running

it has been down since the 29th October. We were promised that it would be fixed by the 11th Nov.....needless to say...........

The excuse for the delay this time is that a key had to be obtained from Washington DC !!!! via Cable and Wireless to be given to a third party engineer on the island to fix the problem arising from a fire in the control building at the top of the hill.

Finally complained to Offcom and the ombudsman regarding Orange attitude and for those that need it, the following number gets you through to Orange head office complaints (Not published on internet, so dont use sparingly!)

Its 0800 079 0134 and ask for Dawn Hawkswell!

all the best...

It is working now :)

The excuses have changed so often. One of the times i phoned i was told the problem was that a g-sender (whatever that is?) had fallen off the mast! They told me it wasn't a major problem and would be fixed within 24 hours. And another time i called i was told i could cancel my contract free of charge if i wanted because it might never be fixed again!

They told me several times to keep waiting 24 hours, until eventually they told me the 11th. Some folk however had also been told the 10th!

Now that is on again though, ive contacted them and had 14days contract payment credited back to me.

Finally complained to Offcom and the ombudsman regarding Orange attitude and for those that need it, the following number gets you through to Orange head office complaints (Not published on internet, so dont use sparingly!)

Its 0800 079 0134 and ask for Dawn Hawkswell!

If you do plan on using this number, you need to have first contacted ofcom to get a complaint reference number.

• 2 weeks later...
O2 have released a pretty pretty Silverlight based coverage checker that's meant to be updated hourly. You have to click the "check the signal in your area" bar above the bit of the UK map to get it to show up. Type in a postcode and it'll show your the current coverage levels and offer to show you mast and wifi hotspot locations as well. According to their map, Shetland is pretty much covered in a signal just about everywhere. Some may argue with that ;) Note that you can click on the voice and mobile internet boxes on the left to see 2G and 3G coverage.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Ian,

Onto Day 4 now. Emailed yesterday and only automated reply so far.

Tried phoning twice today but, after pressing various buttons, you get a recorded message along the lines of - Due to high call volume, please email Customer Support (they don't give you the email address during the call) and then you get cut off, so no way to speak to anyone it seems.

I've posted a message on their eForum in the vain hope that someone sees it..

Hopefully, with tomorrow being Monday, we might get somewhere.

Day 5 - Got an email from Customer Services yesterday saying that they had checked my area and that, "I can see that the network is good in your area. " (reminiscent of BT's BT's head-in-the-sand approach - Problem? What problem? It must be your equipment. Reboot your router, change all your settings on your computer, stand on your head, face the sun and switch back on again.) Ha bloody ha.

Got through to a person today, woo hoo! After 20 mins, got them to admit there was indeed a problem, after them initially saying that we were coming up as blank on their systems. (ie, not showing any information)

Others in the area have reported the problem, including someone on Day 2, so they have known about it.

Waiting with bated breath..

Day 5 - Got an email from Customer Services yesterday saying that they had checked my area and that, "I can see that the network is good in your area. " (reminiscent of BT's BT's head-in-the-sand approach - Problem? What problem? It must be your equipment. Reboot your router, change all your settings on your computer, stand on your head, face the sun and switch back on again.) Ha bloody ha.

Got through to a person today, woo hoo! After 20 mins, got them to admit there was indeed a problem, after them initially saying that we were coming up as blank on their systems. (ie, not showing any information)

Others in the area have reported the problem, including someone on Day 2, so they have known about it.

Waiting with bated breath..

it is a BT <> Vodafine link fault in Inverness - way out of area, so not able to say what (if anything) is happening.