Traffic Warden

tarotangel

Anybody want a new job :roll:

Only if it comes with an Uzi you can use with impunity.

Each to their own by all means, but wandering around the "delights" of old inner Lerwick year out year in, wearing a silly suit and slapping bits of paper on random cars. Being hated by the owner's of those you do for it, and being hated equally by everyone else for not slapping enough bits of paper on enough cars, should be the Dictionary definition of "Purgatory" IMHO.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aboot time indeed. Parking aroond da toon is been hellish fur so long noo you can barely mind whan it wis civilised.

It is a tough job, but thats mostly due to the infuriating (to me) inability that seems to exist these days for people to abide by simple, common sense, rules, and most of all the way so many seem to have to retaliate personally to things.

Good luck to whoever gets the job, you'll certainly have my support.

There was a law passed in the Scottish Parliament this year which means the local authority has to approach the owners of property which have off street disabled parking places with a view to making them legally enforceable.

This would mean that in places like the hospital, (with the health board's agreement) the traffic warden would have authority.

I'm not aware that the SIC have actually put any in place yet, they obviously have far more important things to do. It's something that really gets my goat when able bodied people use disabled places just cos they can't be a***d to walk another few feet.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/7911284.stm

(edited to add link)

That was exactly the kind of attitude I referred to in my previous post.

For some unfathomable reason, many people will automatically assume the new Traffic Warden is an evil bar steward, or similar, just because they get a ticket. Or maybe even before.

He or she is just someone doing a job, no different to an ambulance driver or nurse, for example.