Ex Chief Exec - Dave Clark

Twerto

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few points if you may.

If Dave Clark and Johnatan Willis want to have a row ower da fone, and I would hazard a guess Willis gave as good as he got, its a matter atween two grown men. Involving the cops was nonsense.

If Clark wamted to have a drink in his office on an afternoon off, and had it okayed by himself as CE who apparently has to make the decision, that seems perfectly reasonable. If he was wanderin around blootered and behavin like a cad with office staff that would be another matter of course.

If Clark wanted to get rid of Willie Shannon, because he was in a useless post created by Clark's predecessor Morgon Guidlad, and more likely cos he was a direct rival for Clark's job, he should have put a recommenation to the council. If they want to get rid of Shannon's post then so be it.

Clark and Shannon should not be allowed any more holidays for a whole year, cos as Gostrider said they must a used up more than their quota now.

Mogman's appeal to all 22 councillors sounds like a whole loada sour grapes ta me. Did he have a grant application turned down?

:)

both mr clark and dr wills are using the staffs own emails to argue there side and to gag them. is this an appropriate use of the email system. the comment from the staff member was that dr wills sounded like he was losing it. why has dr wills got the access to normal workers emails.

If my memory serves me correctly, Paulb said he had dyslexia in a different thread and sometimes means to type different words to what he actually does.

My interpretation of Paulb's posting is that he believes the two are using the Council's e-mail system to put across their own agenda and is thus INAPPROPRIATE.

If I'm wrong, I'm sure Paulb will say otherwise.

If my memory serves me correctly, Paulb said he had dyslexia in a different thread and sometimes means to type different words to what he actually does.

My interpretation of Paulb's posting is that he believes the two are using the Council's e-mail system to put across their own agenda and is thus INAPPROPRIATE.

There is a published e-mail policy folded into the ICT Security Policy available from the Council's website. Do either you or Paulb work for the council and be able to say for sure that this usage is innappropriate? As one of the draftees of the said document in a prior role I can perhaps comment here - it is not necessarily against council policy for email to be used in this way from an email usage perspective. I would say, however, that there could be issues to answer in the policies pertaining to conduct of employees and members, but while posting to the all staff mail list is not necessarily the best way to get your point across it is not breaking the email usage rules if nothing in the posts are illegal, offensive, or abusive.

* Edit: Addendum - the email system isn't allowed to be used for the purposes of electoral campaigning, or running a business etc either.

both mr clark and dr wills are using the staffs own emails to argue there side and to gag them. is this an appropriate use of the email system. the comment from the staff member was that dr wills sounded like he was losing it. why has dr wills got the access to normal workers emails.

He does not have access to the email of normal workers, however, he can email them as can any one on the internet. There is an internal use "All Council Staff" email group which sends to all Council staff on the SIC system which has no specific restrictions on use hence users get the more than occasional info-mail which they didn't ask for and has nothing to do with them - Sundays Teas notifications, things for sale, things wanted, and mail accidentally sent to everyone.

The Members and Staff including the Chief Executive are bound by the email usage rules in the ICT Security Policy. While it isn't necessarily best practice is doesn't necessarily mean it is outwith the rules.

So I see the grinning gob of St Shannon is plastered all over the Shetland News with his pseudo Barry Fergueson'esq "Thumbs Up" guesture to prove just how clever he has been.

Meantime, months on, still nothing is happening on the AHS, Mid Yell School is months behind timetable, Council is still dithering on Whalsay terminal, Fetlar Breakwater was "missed" off the programmed and lost EU funding.

The Council has for another year been totally unable to set anything beyond a one year Capital Programme and are still failing to meet the Audit criticisms they have had for the last several years over Capital projects and procurement. They are failing the local construction sector and and are wasting several millions of pounds on abortive consultancy and repeated tendering works.

Like the new Chief Executive or not he was basically appointed on a remit to sort out the Councils shambles on this stuff. He identified what he thought was a key problem, and came to a conclusion about what needed to be done.

He observed a guy who was meant to be delivering a Capital Programme, but was more interested in politicing on distractions than doing any serious work on the nuts and bolts he should have been attending to. The new Chief Exec told the Council leadership he needed to get that sorted, so they said go for it big man, were right behind you.

Quick story from there is allegedly he said to Shannon something like, "Either you take on that job properly or move on". Equally allegedly Shannon suddenly joined a Union, ran to his pals Wills & Carmichale etc. and generally said "Help, it's not fair, i'm being asked to work now!!!!" "I don't know how to do that......gonna get me off on a procedural technicality!!!".

Big media storm brewed up, Councillors "resiliance" is heavily tested and once again "connected" media manipulators seem to win out against honest ordrinary hard workers.

Happy Days!!!

There is a published e-mail policy folded into the ICT Security Policy available from the Council's website. Do either you or Paulb work for the council and be able to say for sure that this usage is innappropriate? As one of the draftees of the said document in a prior role I can perhaps comment here - it is not necessarily against council policy for email to be used in this way from an email usage perspective. I would say, however, that there could be issues to answer in the policies pertaining to conduct of employees and members, but while posting to the all staff mail list is not necessarily the best way to get your point across it is not breaking the email usage rules if nothing in the posts are illegal, offensive, or abusive.

* Edit: Addendum - the email system isn't allowed to be used for the purposes of electoral campaigning, or running a business etc either.

Clarity again - someone asked for an interpretation of what Paulb was trying to say and all I said was what I thought Paulb was trying to get across. Nope, don't work for SIC but have worked as an LA Complaints Investigation Officer. I'm not giving my opinion on here without knowing all the facts on this matter, just attempting (perhaps badly) to give an interpretation as to what Paulb said - but he is the best person to answer as to what he meant to say!