Ex Chief Exec - Dave Clark

Twerto

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, your tarring of Sandy Cluness as arrogant. Let's see some quotes or comments that have led you to this intelligent posting.

I don't want to spend any real time on this but would you not call the comment by Sandy in last weeks Shetland Times - arrogant?

Although these last few weeks are important to a number of folk, in the general scheme of things in an historic sense, I don't pay too much importance to it.

This whole debacle has, I am sure, caused huge upset throughout the whole Shetland Islands, as well as in the Council Chamber.

Neither must we forget to mention having the two most senior administration staff being sent off on an enforced holiday.

Whilst our 2 MP's are also demanding clarrification of the Willie thingey.

Interesting times it certainly is, but also very damaging and serious.

Icepick wrote:

I don't want to spend any real time on this but would you not call the comment by Sandy in last weeks Shetland Times - arrogant?

I would say Sandy Cluness is about as far removed from arrogant as it's possible to get. Presumably Icepick has never met da man.

This subject is growing very tediious, and the awful poetry hasn't helped any.

:(

The topic ...

I still am very disappointed at the conduct of our new chief executive ..

The FACT that he has no concept of employment law, smacks of incompetence for a man in his position.

And I fear it will only get worse ...

It's time to cut our losses and either delete his post or fill it with someone who is up to the job.

^^Blimey, have you two lost your nail files or what? :wink:

More like they both dropped a few stiches wi their knitting.

And now a special promise to jimmy parks - no more poetry for you mate.

The FACT that he has no concept of employment law, smacks of incompetence for a man in his position.

What Professional Qualifications does our CE hold?

I would have thought being a Chartered Accountant or a Batchelor of Laws, (preferably holding both) would be a requisite for a position of this seniority?

The topic ...

It's time to cut our losses and either delete his post or fill it with someone who is up to the job.

Seconded!

^^ I can only assume icepick239 was posting in the third person, which is pretty strange but the only way for it to make sense!

The topic ...

Now the timeline of the situation has come to light properly, it is more a case of the new CE not following council guidelines than ignoring employment law. As such, yes, councillors (the few with whom he did consult) and other senior officials should have stepped in to point out that nothing in the public sector is as quick and easy as logic may dictate.

Maybe unlinkedstudent could tell us who he meant?

Meanwhile for losing their Bas o' wool, I was only gently chiding both Tomblands and jimmy parks.

^^ I can only assume icepick239 was posting in the third person, which is pretty strange but the only way for it to make sense!

The topic ...

Now the timeline of the situation has come to light properly, it is more a case of the new CE not following council guidelines than ignoring employment law. As such, yes, councillors (the few with whom he did consult) and other senior officials should have stepped in to point out that nothing in the public sector is as quick and easy as logic may dictate.

No 3rd person, see above.

Your response to tlady, I agree wholeheartedly with.

The error, which they all have had to live with was simply not following the laid-down guidelines, meaning amongst other things, a full council vote on the matter.

Sometimes a new-broom wants to be seen as a hard-man, a no-nonsense man and in complete control etc.

Fine!

but he still has to get it right and this guy apparently didn't.