Ex Chief Exec - Dave Clark

Twerto

If a breakdown of trust between Nick Reiter and the council was grounds enough to remove him even though it sounds like he had done nothing wrong can we use the same logic to claim that there is a breakdown of trust between this council and their electorate which can only be resolved by an election at an early date?.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i found this intresting in the report on the last sacking.

4.12 The JNC disciplinary procedures also include provision where the complaint against

the Chief Executive is in relation to his “capabilityâ€. Within the disciplinary

procedures capability is defined as including any alleged failures to establish and

maintain a satisfactory working relationship with the council. The Council’s

concerns regarding Mr Reiter appear to have included an issue of trust and,

throughout the minutes, there are recurring references by certain members as to

whether they can work with him. As trust relates to the relationship between two

parties these circumstances would appear to fall within the definition of capability

and, therefore, to bring the matter within the JNC procedures. These provide for the

Chief Executive to be given a period of time in which to improve his performance

and, thereafter, if there is no improvement, for referral of the matter to an

Investigating Committee. Neither of these events occurred. In my opinion the

Council should not have terminated Mr Reiter’s employment without first

attempting to resolve any difficulties by following the steps laid down in the JNC

disciplinary procedures.

so have we learnt anything. if the council believe there is a breakdown of trust then follow the rules and get rid of him without paying out and then getting in trouble with the audit people.

If a breakdown of trust between Nick Reiter and the council was grounds enough to remove him even though it sounds like he had done nothing wrong can we use the same logic to claim that there is a breakdown of trust between this council and their electorate which can only be resolved by an election at an early date?.

i can't see them voting for that. it maybe worth noting what they do and how they act untill the next election.

Hi Ghostrider. I had to check to see if I had written your latest posting under a pseudonym - it is all that I was thinking !

Just one thing. What are OUR solicitors doing about this? Maybe they are not 'big city lawyers', but they must know the law and can find that our CE did not comply with the terms of his employment. Therefore out.

Nae severance, Nae golden handshake, nae holiday pay, nae references.

:evil:

There is, however, a vast amount of evidence to show Mr Clark being bullied by councillors.

Is this evidence in the public domain yet? If so, could you point me in the right direction to find it? Thanks in advance.

A quick scan of the letters pages of the Shetland News and statements issued by councillors to the media is all that is required in this respect.

I had just logged in to say the same myself!

Anyway, I don't see any point in going over the same old information again and again and trying to second guess how it will be interpreted by the lawyers. In the end, what we think on Shetlink will not matter to any of them.

The letters page of the Shetland Times? :lol: Do me a favour! You seriously expect that to constitute some of the 'vast amount of evidence to show Mr Clark being bullied by councillors.'??

Statements issued by councillors...same old information...all I'm asking is...where is it? Surely one of you two will be able to help me find it...please.

^^

Well said 'Marooned in Maywick'. Spinner72 and Mainlander, I cannot understand how you can continue to defend Mr Clark. Come on, look at what he has done to our reputation. I wish I could meet you guys as I have yey to speak with a single person who is backing/defending him.

Thanks for the offer, Marooned in Maywick, but due to the fact that on your request I previously supplied you with loads of links in another thread (edit: the Councillor Conduct thread) and got not a word of thanks, I will leave you to do your own research! :wink:

Acillat, to me it is clear that the damage to Shetland's reputation has been done by Mr Wills' vendetta against Mr Clark.

My arguments for that are all further back in the thread.

However, if Mr Clark is given no payout or only a tiny one, then those who think he is to blame will be proved right.

Until something new happens, though, there isn't anything else for me to add.

Anyway, I don't see any point in going over the same old information again and again and trying to second guess how it will be interpreted by the lawyers. In the end, what we think on Shetlink will not matter to any of them.

Maybe not to them mainlander, but it certainly matters to quite a large part of the population of Shetland and I am sure, a majority of the SIC and its elected Members also.

So maybe it is far more influential in peoples thinking than is generally thought?

It certainly seemed to 'kick-ass' with Judane Limited after that organisation was experiencing a form of SIC/Miller 'dormancy' for the last year or two. :mrgreen:

Thanks for the offer, Marooned in Maywick, but due to the fact that on your request I previously supplied you with loads of links in another thread (edit: the Councillor Conduct thread) and got not a word of thanks, I will leave you to do your own research! :wink:

Indeed you did. Belated thanks and my humblest apologies for their lateness.

I'm afraid, however, those links don't do an awful lot to show evidence of Mr Clark being bullied by councillors. Perhaps if I look hard enough I'll find the ones you refer to.

Acillat, to me it is clear that the damage to Shetland's reputation has been done by Mr Wills' vendetta against Mr Clark.

Aye, well, you know what they say about opinions.