Ex Chief Exec - Dave Clark

Twerto

"2 - (What is being kept under lock and key that the public of Shetland has a right to know about)"

Exactly, what does Mr Clark know that the people of Shetland don't. It appears that he has been paid off, a substantial sum of money, to keep quiet about something (or many things).

Another thing, wasn't he a mandatory probation, i.e. are there no clauses that would have led to his dismissal without a pay-off? Perhaps Chief Executives dont have one??

Not a good advert for visit shetland. Perhaps Simon King should ditch the otters and set up camera's to watch the behavioural habits of our elected members and council officials....would be far more revealing methinks.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't help but wonder about the mechanics of the recruitment process for the position of CE. I don't work for the SIC, but I have heard that the interview process is somewhat different from that employed for lesser officials (and may be less effective as a result). Any interview can throw up a preferred candidate who, while appearing initially to be best choice, proves to be duff. Nevertheless, being on an interview panel demands a bit of skill and knowledge of technique. I wonder how many of the councillors on DC's interview panel (and I believe there were a lot of them) fall into this category?

Now!

We are indeed World News, as the first overseas CV has been received in anticipation and comes from a gentleman with over 30 years Local Government experience.

He is currently residing in Harare and is called Mr. Robert Mugabe. :mrgreen:

My sources reveal that further communication has been received from RM.

He asks if he might be permitted to lodge an updated CV (suitably air-brushed of course).

He asks, where exactly are the Shetland Islands?

Finally he asks if Sanjay Cluness is a gentleman of Indian persuasion? :mrgreen:

Hello, Hello, RM here, where to hell are you?

Getting to the South Shetland's was a nightmare and I want re-imbursed asap (including all Taxis).

On my Blackberry, I learn that DC has finally gone.

My way of Management is a true and tried system and you will have a peaceful and rewarding time with me.

You want a Bridge? You got it

You need 3 Tunnels? - you got them.

Until next week then, keep in touch and yes, the Lerwick Hotel suits me fine. :lol:

^^ Looking over the list of Councillors, and applying personal knowledge of the activities of the people involved as best known to me, I can see four that may have some modest level of interviewing potential employees, three I don't know the background of, and the rest (15) have little/minimal/no experience of such things.

Ghostie, dya notice the amended Signature?

Who are you? :)

----

Serious again:

I understood DC was vetted thoroughly by an Executive Headhunter Company and after flying through that selection process and then presenting himself at the Town Hall, most of our Councillors (except 3?) couldn't wait for the boy to begin work in earnest.

I also understand that the fee charged by this agency was 50,000?

So! What does it take to put a vote of No Confidence in?

If this is what the people of Shetland want, How do we go abot it.?

It is painfully obvious that we have a lot of councilors who are nothing more than an expensive waste of space and IMO should be made to step down..I dont know much about politics but I can see when things are not working. It appears to me that most of these "Numpties" are in it for the money and the last thought in their minds is the welfare of Shetland.

Like everyone else i pay my council tax and a rent that is very high as far as council rents go and get precious little in return and not likely to as most of it is peed away by the idiots whe run the asylum,

If as we are told we have no money then where did the half million come from to send Mr Clark on his way?

It is painfully obvious that we have a lot of councilors who are nothing more than an expensive waste of space and IMO should be made to step down..I dont know much about politics but I can see when things are not working. It appears to me that most of these "Numpties" are in it for the money and the last thought in their minds is the welfare of Shetland.

Like everyone else i pay my council tax and a rent that is very high as far as council rents go and get precious little in return and not likely to as most of it is peed away by the idiots whe run the asylum,

If as we are told we have no money then where did the half million come from to send Mr Clark on his way?

Afraid there's no method short of an election for the people of Shetland to have their say. But perhaps those councillors who disagreed with the deal might consider resigning and fighting new elections on a mandate to require the Council to commission a full report by an independent person into this whole mess. I would hope that any councillors doing this get a high turnout and very large support from the electors in their areas.

? Generating discussion through quantifying your post with direct examples would be good ?

“I would urge the people of Shetland to stop the wilful persecution of a man who has served the island to the best of his abilityâ€

http://www.shetland-news.co.uk/2010/February/news/Dave%20Clark%20reported%20to%20procurator%20fiscal.htm

So COSLA is now righting. Who Done it Fiction now ?

Don’t have far to find out who the who bit is