Ex Chief Exec - Dave Clark

Twerto

this really should now be closed and the councillor conduct should be used. he has gone so lets start examining the conduct of all concerned. i don't blame him for taking the dosh and running he must have know he was not here for life.

He may be gone from the position of employment, but he's not gone from being involved in Shetland's business as long as he references aforementioned former employment position on the front page of his current enterprise's website, nor until a reasonable period of time has elapsed to see whether or not he is the subject of a criminal charge in the Lerwick Court.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

However, I do feel it is worth mentioning, given the posting on his company website, that he is abiding by the severance agreement in being polite in his public reference to the Council.

That, I daresay is very much a matter of individual opinion. To my eye it reads far closer to sarcasm bordering on rampant gloating rather than politeness, all things considered.

this really should now be closed and the councillor conduct should be used. he has gone so lets start examining the conduct of all concerned. i don't blame him for taking the dosh and running he must have know he was not here for life.

He may be gone from the position of employment, but he's not gone from being involved in Shetland's business as long as he references aforementioned former employment position on the front page of his current enterprise's website, nor until a reasonable period of time has elapsed to see whether or not he is the subject of a criminal charge in the Lerwick Court.

EXCELLENT Posts Ghost.

Follow the trail - where is 'Fluffy'

Spinner 72 commented;

How can something reported in the Shetland Times, Shetland News, released on the Council Website as a press release and no doubt reported in a few other avenues be considered confidential? :?

I would be very interested in seeing in which of the above referenced publications the following information was released. I stand to be corrected (as always) that ANY information regarding the settlement with Mr. Clark has been released into the public domain, other then the size of the settlement.

that he is abiding by the severance agreement in being polite in his public reference to the Council.

I would be very interested in reading the complete terms of the settlement, and look forward to the day in the future, when the public enquiry is held and all the information falls into the public domain.

Of course, if you have access to this agreement, maybe you could post it here for the benefit of all the people of Shetland who might have an interest in it's content.

EXCELLENT Posts Ghost.

Follow the trail - where is 'Fluffy'

Fluffy is still living with Dick and Dora contrary to rumours that the wolf from Little Red Riding Hood has kidnapped him. :wink:

Such a shock, wasn't aware Fluffy was a him and look, I'm like brian now, it's all on one line :)

However, I do feel it is worth mentioning, given the posting on his company website, that he is abiding by the severance agreement in being polite in his public reference to the Council.

That, I daresay is very much a matter of individual opinion. To my eye it reads far closer to sarcasm bordering on rampant gloating rather than politeness, all things considered.

I agree 100% from a personal viewpoint, but it doesn't make my original statement wrong from a factual one does it?

So long as he can abide by the agreement, given what he has already made due to the incompetence of said councillors, why not have a go at winding them up "between the lines"?

Nothing to lose and a lot to gain if anyone makes a slipup.

After all, regardless of any confidentiality clauses regarding his time here, all a future employer etc has to do is type his name into google and all will be revealed. But then that, of course, is common sense which will probably not have had much influence on the situation at any level..

Spinner 72 was busy revising history:

So long as he can abide by the agreement, given what he has already made due to the incompetence of said councillors, why not have a go at winding them up "between the lines"?

Which of David Clark's actions that led to his dimissal was the fault of any Councillor?

Come on, responsibility and accountability where it's due.

^^ :lol:

Spinner 72 was busy revising history:

Which of David Clark's actions that led to his dimissal was the fault of any Councillor?

Come on, responsibility and accountability where it's due.

Have a read of some of the many articles both in print and online, not forgetting multiple interviews and direct letters/press releases from both the council and councillors themselves. It's not like they're difficult to find! :D

The most important thing is to avoid falling for the "revised history" being peddled by a select few.

I have followed all the publicly available information from every source that I am aware of, and appear unable to share any conclusion remotely related to those you have reached.

So the staff changes, consultant hiring, celebratory refreshemments, etc, etc; were all really the work of the Councillors? There are many other allegations floating around, one of which at least appears destined to be resolved through legal process.

Maybe I am just stupid and unable to grasp these notional issues at hand here - it's entirely possible. Maybe all this conflict and debate is pointless because the fault lies entirely with the council and it's elected members?

Perhaps you could take the time to summarise the facts as you see them, and then we can put this entire thread to bed?

"Perhaps you could take the time to summarise the facts as you see them, and then we can put this entire thread to bed?"

I really want to agree with North but, I am afraid to!

Too many times complaints have been made to the council and about the council and they become buried in a fuggy space until eventually they are dormant and forgotten.

This seems to be the wished for outcome.

Am I wrong in believing that our councillors, inclusive of the convener each have an equal vote. Yet we have a convener that can make unilateral statements in the press on who should investigate our latest council failure.

Is this not an example of autocracy?

We also seem to have a legal department that spends a lot of time looking for faults in our complaints and worries and ignore the root cause of the problems. We employ these people to help us and should they not be looking for ways of sorting out our legitimate gripes?

So, North, your post was spot on but we must be wary of the dormancy virus!

Regards.