Walk to cure diabetes

sandyg

well...im planning to use the buggy to hold me up....as soon as I saw the name aggie on this i knew it was you! STALKER. aggie and piggywiggie...what names do our family come up with?!

but seriously I want to collect lots of sponsors....so wanted to set up the online one as it goes direct, and im getting some from south. Or so I have told my partners parents that they are sponsoring me :D

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know people with Diabetes, partners brothers fiancee has it, needs to take alot o injections and I also work with folks with Diabetes as part o my job. I am quite keen as its something people dont really take much notice of tbh,and its always good to support a charity that may end up helping you when your older.

oh and keed, you have to hold up a big sign at the home bakes with SHETLINKERS on it!

Yes Piggy Wiggie will do . A lot of people think a dose of Insulin and Bobs your uncle . Not so diet exercise has a lot of input . Not forgetting hypos which can happen at anytime ie thats when sugar levels drop too low and a fast remedy is required . At the moment because our grandson is too young to realise what his symptoms are we have to monitor him 24/7 . His Mam can never have a full nights sleep . Thats why we try to give her as much support as we can ie sleepovers with us . Even our close family don't understand . With the walk and other fund raising ideas we hope they will . SO WATCH THIS SPACE !!! PS Thanks to Shetlink for enabling us to put our views forward you do a magnificent job .

wiggie, if you go here...

http://www.justgiving.com/jdrf/Raisemoney/

Click on the blue box in middle to make your own page..

And follow the instructions.

You will be given a link to pass on and e-mail...

....look forward to reading it....

Don't forget to add it to your profile signature...

You just need to paste the link into the sig box and confirm...

Shetlandpeat identify yourself at the walk and I will give you copy of The Times ! If you complete the 5 mile walk I will sponsor you for £20 .00 !

Ok den...let me see...I will wear a hat :lol:

I am already walking 300 miles ??? to Aberdeen then walking around the ferry for 12 hours

I may have to pass the bar (always wanted to be a lawyer)