George Burley sacked

mr_brain

George Burley sacked good decision or a bad decision?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. George Burley sacked good decision or a bad decision?

• Good Decision
    • Bad decision

on the other hand he hasn't got many (decent) players to work with...

Neither did either of the two previous managers, yet they seemd get a hell of a lot more out of the same bunch of players than Burley could. I think he's a good enough manager, just not cut out for the Scotland job. That said, I'm glad he's gone and I think it will prove to be the right decision!

i agree with that theres a lot more wrong with the game than just burley but that said he had the same bunch of players as smith and big eck so how could a group of players picking up results against france and ukraine become a poor bunch of players overnite and all the glasgow press seams to be saying now we have a poor team do these guys have bad memories or something 5 of that starting eleven in that disaster in cardiff played in that games against france!

i say joe jordan for the job a well respected man with a lot of experiance in football couldnt see players not playing for him,

Burley had to go, I think the players have to carry much of the blame but it was clearly not working.

I would however disagree with the comment that he had the same group of players as the previous managers. In the last campaign he was deprived of key players such as Craig Gordon, James MacFadden and Alan Hutton. He was also badly let down by Barry Ferguson and Alan MacGregor and I would say Ferguson is not a player we can replace easily. I suppose Kris Boyds pathetic huff is also worth mentioning although I wouldn't have him near a Scotland squad.

The Scotland squad lacks quality and depth and no manager can compensate for the loss of so many key playes.

Time to get back to the "park the bus in front of the goals" tactics for the next campaign.......depressing !

Glad he's gone, i think he lost the dressing room and the fans with negative tactics e.g. playing 1 up front at home against Norway in a must win game. Bring back Walter Smith, respected by players and fans alike

What a brilliant idea.

Bring back the traitor who walked out in the middle of a qualifying campaign..??

Bring back the traitor who was arranging transfers to Rangers whilst still the Scotland boss and being paid by the SFA...??

Bring back the traitor who's respected throughout Europe for Rangers expansive, attacking style of football...??

Do me a favour :x

jimmy calderwood would be a good shout!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

not sure about that, couldn't control the aberdeen players the week before an important end of season fixture, where they went out got pissed, had fights and some i believe were interviewed by the police.

plus he is hardly a tactical genious, countless times the dons fans were bemoaning tactics eg going 2-5-3 etc.

There must be better options, and i person ally would pick Levein, also wouldnt rule out Ferguson jn, perhaps a new man with a career to build will do better than the likes of Smith, Souness, Jeffries whos careers are on the downturn.

Glad he's gone, i think he lost the dressing room and the fans with negative tactics e.g. playing 1 up front at home against Norway in a must win game. Bring back Walter Smith, respected by players and fans alike

What a brilliant idea.

Bring back the traitor who walked out in the middle of a qualifying campaign..??

Bring back the traitor who was arranging transfers to Rangers whilst still the Scotland boss and being paid by the SFA...??

Bring back the traitor who's respected throughout Europe for Rangers expansive, attacking style of football...??

Do me a favour :x

Obviously not a Walter Smith fan then.

The reason i suggested him is that hopefully he'll have had his fill of the situation at Rangers and would get the best out of a mediocre bunch of players like he did after taking over from Berti.

I don't think a "younger" manager would last very long if he was doing a good job because the vultures (english clubs) would come in and offer more money like they did with Alex McLeish

i agree frankie having those 3 back in the team will make a big diffrence but boris he did have most of them 4 the campaign hutton was the only main absenty and before saying boyd was the 5th best striker in the squad and allowing the team to get pissed after the holland game leading up to boozegate and weather we like it or not he picked sides on that occasions and the selection of certian players was a bit random.