Road condition reports - Snow, Rain, Fog, etc

khitajrah

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was at the co-op this morning a guy was telling us that, according to his 'charts' , the snow showers would start at 11:00 am and by 4:00 pm it would be blizzard/whiteout conditions. He was right about the 11:00 start so maybe if anybody is going anywhere it might be an idea to go sooner rather than later. I'm not sure what 'charts' he was looking at but he looked more Captain Birdseye than Mystic Meg !!!!!!

Dat's me in Lerwick noo, most roads are fine, only took me 10 minutes langer dan usual. Black gaet is a bit slushy but dats no surprise. I keyn its a bright morning but please folk pit your lights on! And i widna advise overtaking lik da idiot ahint me on da road coming doon into Weisdale - dats asking for trouble!

Looks like the second victim of the snow this year. After having no deaths on our roads in 2009 i would like to think the county boys would maybe take heed and put some measures in place to ensure roads are safe to drive on, if not shut them, no one should have to drive on a road if it is not safe to do so.

My thoughts go out to the family :cry:

In Shetland, the driver of a Renault Clio was killed when the vehicle he was travelling in left the road and caught fire.

Perhaps it might be a better idea to wait for more information to be published? The circumstances and details of this dreadful event are not yet known, nor is it, as said by other posters, particularly appropriate to lay the blame at anyone's door right now.

My sympathies to the family and friends for their loss.

i would like to think the county boys would maybe take heed and put some measures in place to ensure roads are safe to drive on, if not shut them, no one should have to drive on a road if it is not safe to do so.

It amazes me just how stupid people are. whoever you are that wrote the above, clearly you have no idea about much. my husband works for the council and is a 'county boy' and everytime the weather is bad like it currently is and he is called out, he risks himself getting into dangerous situation just to help the people that go against very public advice to stay at home. The county boys work hard to try keep the roads as best they can, they certinaly dont need people like you making comments like you have. Be grateful that there is people that will go out into the snow and work in the horrible conditions to try make it safer for everyone else.

ok rant over.

be safe everyone.