Disruption to UK flights due to ash cloud

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Managed to get 3 of the last 13 foot spaces on this evenings ferry for my daughter and , that was at 8.30am today! No recliners left. Pity them on this sea with a 3 year old on the sofas.

Trains the other side very limitted too and not cheap a day in advance.

Got to say when we got eventually through to Flybe they were very good about just issuing a straight refund.

Not good news this morning. Taken from NATS website.

Saturday April 17: Latest update at 0415 (UK Time)

Following the latest information from the MET Office, NATS advises that restrictions across UK controlled airspace have been extended until at least 1900 (UK Time) today Saturday 17 April and that restrictions to Scottish and Manchester airspace have been re-applied until the same time.

Current forecasts show that the situation is worsening throughout Saturday. We are continuing to look for windows of opportunity to handle individual flights in UK controlled airspace.

The next update will be at approximately 0900 (UK time) as planned.

Restrictions had been lifted in Scotland and Northern Ireland on Friday evening but were reapplied overnight.

Flybe update on volcanic ash disruption

Travel advisory for Saturday 17th April

Due to increased volcanic activity overnight, UK and Northern European airspace has once again been closed by the safety authorites.

Therefore, as of 0630 this morning, Flybe has cancelled all of today's (Saturday 17th April) planned flights. This includes the additional lifeline services due to be operated in Northern Ireland, Scotland and the North of England and includes all Loganair services.

Passengers due to fly on any flights not specifically confirmed to fly today should not go to their airport of departure.

I have been phoning the flybe customer care numbers since 06.30. The line constantly went dead, when i eventually got through after half an hour trying i heard a message stating "these lines only open at 8.00". I have tried once more now 9.25 to find out they are now closed and reopen at 6am tomorrow.

ABSOLUTE CHAOS!!!

As disruptive as it is, the sooner people get used to air travel in Europe no longer being predictable and reliable the better, as this is very likely to be the pattren for weeks if not months to come.

Still astounded at the "angry" comments from so many people on the news this morning, it's not like anyone doesn't know the situation by now :roll: