Where should the North Boat dock?  

447 members have voted

1. 1. Where should the North Boat dock?

• Aberdeen
    • Rosyth
    • Peterhead
    • Barbados

Sha,

It's also worth remembering that the only major problems with the Northlink ferries are the idiots on Shetlink who criticise the boats, in the same way that they criticise everything else, just because they can.

When eventually Northlink ferries are replaced by what these aforementioned idiots deem to be perfect vessels, the same aforementioned idiots will be the first to want the Northlink boats back again.

:twisted:

Mmm, so we'll all idiots on Shetlink then are we if we voice our opinions? You may not class the facilities for dogs as a "major problem" but I would welcome those being improved on any new vessel. Does that make me an idiot then for voicing my opinion? Great, whatever happened to freedom of speech - or is that only allowed for those who you deem not to be idiots? For the record, there are good and bad points IMHO with the current vessels.

Auld Rasmie wrote:

Sha,

It's also worth remembering that the only major problems with the Northlink ferries are the idiots on Shetlink who criticise the boats, in the same way that they criticise everything else, just because they can.

When eventually Northlink ferries are replaced by what these aforementioned idiots deem to be perfect vessels, the same aforementioned idiots will be the first to want the Northlink boats back again.

Hurrah for Auld Rasmie. The new boats are entirely different from the old clapped out P&O ones. They don't roll in the same way. The majority of Shetlinkers just don't understand what they're talking about. :wink:

Right, had a word in their shell like, you need to give a sign and it is sorted, Quote "She sells sea shells on the sea shore" 10 times it will be fine.

I would wish you luck but luck is a chance thing, so you will be fine...

Oh, the sun just reminded me that she may not be around but will think of you...

SORTED!

*takenote*

Alright. I guess it's sorted then. Just hope I'll remember until January! :D

@Auld Rasmie: I'm not actually scared of falling into the water or anything similar, but a little og being Seasick. Don't like the idea of arriving all green and not being able to enjoy the sight.

Sha, go and get yourself some Phenergan from a pharmacy. Then go and buy a Hello/OK magazine and board the vessel, go to the bar asap and down a couple of brandy and ginger wines, head off to the canteen for dinner and then back down to your bunk.

When you actually care about any of the contents of the aforementioned magazine(s), turn out the light and go to sleep. Sometimes, ear plugs are a good investment - get the waxy ones you can mould.

The next morning, you will have arrived refreshed and absolutely fine.

It is also a good idea to wet one of the towels in the sink and hang it off the air-conditioning as it makes the room a bit less dry and yucky if you wake up in the middle of the night. Just stick the corners in the edges of the plate on the ceiling. It will hang fine and make the air less dry.

Happy travelling. You will be fine if you follow these rules!

We're flying back, that should be enough.

@Frances: I will get some Phenergen but for the rest:

1. we have no cabin

2. I don't drink alcohol

3. I hate Hello/OK and anything similar :oops:

Our master plan is: buy some Phenergen, play cards, play cards oh and play cards. :D

Guest Anonymous

Unlinkedstudent,

You're free to voice an opinion, just as I am. And if all you ever do is bitch and moan about the boats, then don't use them. Then you can bitch and complain about the Flybe service instead.

The bitching and complaining about things on Shetlink, which is only serving to damage Shetland's reputation, is getting so far beyond a joke now that it's starting to make David Clark look like a saint.

Sha, and no doubt many other folk are looking forward to visiting Shetland. And all the miserable, grumbling, complaining, sob's here can do is try to scare them off.

Once again, I have to say:

SHAME ON SHETLINK !!!!!

Getting my coat,

Completely effing disgusted with Shetlinkers.

Total embarrassment to Shetland.

:roll:

Auld Rasmie: I don't think anyone could stop us from coming even if they genuinely tried to! :D

Been wanting to come since in my teens!

And I think the moaning is a general thing. If there was a Forum like this for WEst yorkshire it would turn out just the same way.

The grass is always greener on the other side.

I suppose there are some downsides to living on a "remote" island/islands but then you don't get to be stuck in traffic for 45min on the way to work and on the way back again, you don't have to fight your way through a mass of shoppers on a saturday when all you want is to get some dog bones, you don't have to drive ages to get into the countryside, and and and.

I especially would like to point out the traffic.

I did hear that durin "rush hour" the main road between Sumburgh and Lerwick should be avoided but as I was thinking today, Shetland has about 15000 inhabitants if I remember right, I see more cars than that on the way to work! :evil:

Unlinkedstudent,

You're free to voice an opinion, just as I am. And if all you ever do is bitch and moan about the boats, then don't use them. Then you can bitch and complain about the Flybe service instead.

The bitching and complaining about things on Shetlink, which is only serving to damage Shetland's reputation, is getting so far beyond a joke now that it's starting to make David Clark look like a saint.

Sha, and no doubt many other folk are looking forward to visiting Shetland. And all the miserable, grumbling, complaining, sob's here can do is try to scare them off.

Once again, I have to say:

SHAME ON SHETLINK !!!!!

Getting my coat,

Completely effing disgusted with Shetlinkers.

Total embarrassment to Shetland.

:roll:

So, you don't think constructive criticism is a good thing then? Thankfully, I don't believe I do just bitch and moan about the boats but if people are unhappy with the service, then they have a right to say so. Granted, if they telephone/e-mail Northlink that would be good but if they have a decent Press Officer, they should be reading forums like this anyway.

I personally hope that Sha enjoys her stay but as Sha raised queries (I think) some time ago re bringing her dog, I felt obliged to state how I found the kennels onboard. If you regard that as me bitching and moaning, then I suggest you go back and read my posts carefully.

The thing that lights my fuse is when they complain of a bad trip, or a cancelled trip. These skippers and mates do an immense amount of studying, and have years of seatime under their belts, before they make decisions about whether or not to sail. Passengers should jolly well use their common sense as to whether to make their passage. Come to think of it, I'm no sure why its called common sense as its often in very short supply!

Guest Anonymous

So, you don't think constructive criticism is a good thing then?

Constructive,,,,????

And I'm not aiming this at your posts particularly, but constructive is the absolute last word that I'd use to describe most of the comments on this thread.

If you want, I'll read the whole thing from start to finish, pick out all the negative crap posted, compile it in a file, and send it to Northlink's solicitors. It should keep them busy for a while with liable cases against Shetlink.

So, you don't think constructive criticism is a good thing then?

Constructive,,,,????

And I'm not aiming this at your posts particularly, but constructive is the absolute last word that I'd use to describe most of the comments on this thread.

If you want, I'll read the whole thing from start to finish, pick out all the negative crap posted, compile it in a file, and send it to Northlink's solicitors. It should keep them busy for a while with liable cases against Shetlink.

Mmm, if they've got that amount of dosh 'floating' about to pay Solicitors, then perhaps they could better spend it elsewhere... :wink:

the boat is fine. they have always been helpful. our first time coming up the health board booked us on the ferry the day before we were meant to be there. i was amazed at the way they got two cars and a furniture truck on. the food is fine the cabins are OK. not really a good idea having energetic boys bouncing across the gap. very friendly. yet the same can be said of the airline. enjoy your journey but remember January is in mid winter so you may want to check the northlink website before setting off. hope the weather is OK for your trip.