The Accounts Commission

icepick239

What a classic statement!

“I have no interest in what the councillors are saying. As far as I am concerned this should go through the normal local authority procedures,†Mr Cluness said.

And what exactly are the normal local authority procedures to depose a despotic autocrat? Revolution? Rioting? Kidnapping by Vikings and burning in a galley?

I wonder if the King has the same condescending contempt for the electorate to whom he is ultimately answerable? This type of comment beggars belief and simply confirms (in his own words) that his time is up.

As one of my favourite dictators once said about the interlopers;

Countries such as the U.S. and Britain have taken it upon themselves to decide for us in the developing world, even to interfere in our domestic affairs and to bring about what they call regime change.
- Robert Mugabe

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a surprise : Wills slams Accounts Commission(SN 14/09/10).

Even the Shetland News, normally very pro- Wills in their reporting, has had to admit he has lost it in his, frankly, embarrasing "response".

Yet again this makes a mockery of the very genuine and well meaning attempts being made by many within the council to take the commisions reccomendations on board and move on.

Surely, since Mr Wills seems so keen at every opportunity to distance himself from the council and its decisions, some distance of note could be arranged?

Is the http://www.shetland-news.co.uk front page trying to tell us something, or do they just have a black sense of humour.

http://i460.photobucket.com/albums/qq330/Redneck_Hillbilly0504/SNABNR.jpg

:?

For anyone that doesn't get it, the guy in the lower photo is a blast from the past. The guy in the upper photo's predecessor's, predecessor's, predecessor, Nick Reiter.

Oh man, a classic piece of Robertson writing. :lol: :lol: :lol: It paints a perfect picture.

If all the news got written in this style, I might get to enjoy reading it, even when its bad news. :wink:

Shetland Islands Council’s new chief executive has passed his first test with flying colours after delivering his salvage plan to haul the crippled local authority off the rocks.

Alistair Buchan’s initial ideas for refloating and rebuilding the rudderless hulk were greeted with unanimous approval by grateful councillors in the Town Hall today, so much so that when convener Sandy Cluness backed the report his arch-enemy Jonathan Wills jumped in to second him, offering a symbol of hope that the feuding of the past year is over – at least for now.

There was almost a palpable evaporation of the lingering tension and bad blood in the chamber as members recognised that a safe pair of hands was taking the wheel. Mr Cluness twice said what a relief it was to have a new chief by his side, his pleasure perhaps heightened by the absence of councillor Allison Duncan who had publicly called for the convener’s head last week.

http://www.shetlandtimes.co.uk/2010/09/15/new-chief-executive-wins-unanimous-support-for-salvage-plan-for-sic