Vodafone 'Sure Signal'

james1342

If you are with vodafone and sick of the unreliable signals - check out the new 'sure signal' on their website - looks good and connects via your broadband to boost your mobile phone signal in and around your home.

Each phone must be registered, so it will only provide a boost to you and your immediate family or selected friends if you wish? Which means other users cannot piggyback your service.

Admittedly doesnt help when out and about, but if you use your mobile a lot it will improve your home usage greatly.

Does anyone have one of these - would be interested in how well they work.

There is no contract with it just £50 one off payment as long as your contract is more that £25 per month. More for PAYG or lesser contracts.

Hope this helps someone out.

Cheers

James

i got one a few months back and it is worth getting, i now can get a full 3G signal all through my house and a reduced signal outside (to about 9 feet roughly) and i have a old croft house with walls about 2 and a half feet thick with insulation. you can register up to 30 odd numbers to use it and a miximum of 4 phones can phone through it at 1 time.

in my opinion it is well worth getting, the only problem with it that only phones with 3G can use it.

i have one of these aswell i live in an area that doesn't get normal coverage (closest area of signal is more than a mile away) the sure signal box works brilliantly i am also able to get signal as far away as the main road which is about 100m away from the house, i think i payed around about £80 but i am on pay as you go, as said only works with 3g compatible phones and only on vodafone

Only if you live there! I live in Voe and have one in the house, 4 of us now on Vodaphone in the house. I had to get a 3G phone to use it. You can't pick up the signal unless you are registered to the unit and the range doesn't go far from the house.

Only if you live there! I live in Voe and have one in the house, 4 of us now on Vodaphone in the house. I had to get a 3G phone to use it. You can't pick up the signal unless you are registered to the unit and the range doesn't go far from the house.

Thanks! Yes, I was thinking of friends in Voe who changed to Orange as they can get some signal from that at their house but they'd probably rather be on Vodafone for the wider coverage throughout Shetland.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone have the new samsung wave? got one recently and the signal was so poor, thought it had to be faulty? anyway got a replacment, but just the same weak signal so anyone on vodafone i would steer clear of this model, so looks like im goin to blow £50 on the sure signal.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Was trawling the vodafone site, but couldn't find info on how to actually get it so I called them on 08700700191.

I finally got through and told them I had a weak signal in my flat and asked what they could tell me about Sure Signal. They checked my account (I'm on a contract) and they said they could send me out a box tomorrow and it would be £20, which would come off next bill. Maybe it's because I'm pay monthly? Probably worth giving them a call...