Shetland banks - best online banking?

peeriebryan

My RBS account is in England and all of their English and Welsh branches are about to be taken over by Santander too. Needless to say, will be moving my account to a scottish branch of RBS.

Compared to Santander, RBS charges are reasonable too.

Hbos changed their security check in a few weeks agao.

Yep, but they still didnt change the questions (mine were set up for phone banking, long before the website existed!), and actually removed a layer of security!

I have found Clydesdale very good at sorting issues. In one case they rang me up as someone had withdrawn money from my account in Elgin, but one of the staff had seen me in Lerwick that day so was suspicious. I don't think you can improve on that for customer service.

My security code is a word and numbers intermingled chosen by me which would be a little more difficult to find than my father's first name etc. Although when they used to ask for Dad's first name, I put it in and it was wrong as he was always known by his second name so even I couldn't get into my own account.....