Pet peeves - what's yours?

Frances144

Regarding indication at roundabouts (and junctions)... I hate drivers who do not indicate for the benefit of pedestrians, two-legged travellers like to know where you are going as well!! Saves being squashed...
But at the same time it pays to remember that a flashing indicator proves just one thing which is that the bulb works. My pet hate with indicating is drivers who indicate too soon as in still having to pass a junction before the one where they are intending to make a turn.

The clue is in the description.

An indicator gives an indication of action or intent, best to wait.

Though I do understand.

Another one of mine is dog dirt, especially when owners allow their dogs to mess outside schools, on public paths or any other public place.

After many years on bikes I never trust an indicator anyhoo, I never move till I see someone actually start to make the turn !

I always have a chuckle at the roundabouts in the town, the amount of times I approach one and it is at a standstill , everyone looking at each other waiting for the first move, someone at every entrance . Some people just dn§t know how to use them !