Deportation of Sakchai Makao

DavieG

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all want Sakchai's perrie smiley face back home where he belong's. It makes your stomach swirll, just tae think whit da poor boy must be going threw.

BRING BACK SAKCHAI ............

see you soon, Ann, C, S.

I have known Sakchai since l was born. l like him very much he makes me laugh he is my friend, why did the police take Sakchai? they are supose to take the bad guys? Sakchai is good, we want him back!!!!

from Grant Summers (age 6)

i only found out about sakcahis probable deportation and i am absolutely gutted. i know him through athletics (and although he has had his problems like the rest of us) he is a genuine down to earth good guy and the prospect of him not being able to help and influence our young athletes does not bear thinking about. our government has totally flipped this time. LET SAKCHAI COME HOME. we are thinking of him and his family we pray he is let home soon. love helen and jamie wilson

Top Story in the Scotland section of the BBC News site...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/north_east/5055418.stm

With relation to this link - I emailed the BBC to point out the campaign here to release Sakchai.

They have added a form that people can express their opinions to the BBC.

Do you live in Shetland and know Sakchai Makao? Have you signed a petition asking for him to be allowed to stay? If so, please contact the BBC Scotland news website using the form below.

The BBC may edit your comments and not all emails will be published. Your comments may be published on any BBC media worldwide.

Go on add your piece!!

I was horrified to learn that Sakchai is being treated in this way. The idea that he was arrested in such an outrageous manner and could be deported to a country where he knows no one is shocking to me.

I'd like to register my support for Sakchai and hope everything possible is done to prevent this travesty from occurring.

"Anyone breaking the law, irrespective of whether they are a British citizen or an asylum seeker, can expect prosecution and where appropriate a custodial sentence and deportation."

this quote just made me laugh then shudder in disbelief.. these people are supposed to be well educated people.. yet they most clearly cant read, that this person has served his time for the crime he committed.

urg shocking is all i can say..

The Herald - May 16 2006

..David Davis, shadow home secretary, asked when the prime minister's undertaking to "automatically" deport every foreign national who had served a prison sentence would be met.

Mr Reid said: "I cannot give you, five days into my position, a date by which that will be achieved but I can assure you that is my strategic objective."

"Anyone breaking the law, irrespective of whether they are a British citizen or an asylum seeker, can expect prosecution and where appropriate a custodial sentence and deportation."

this quote just made me laugh then shudder in disbelief.. these people are supposed to be well educated people.. yet they most clearly cant read, that this person has served his time for the crime he committed.

urg shocking is all i can say..

unfortuntly the policy of the uk does seem to be rounding up non british people and if they have any mark on ther record they are being deported.

in this case it seems unfair, but south they dont seem to worry if the people are ok now or not. just that they have a mark agenst their name.

i dont think slaggin of the goverment works as both the big parties seems to want the policies. well as far as i know but im prepaired to change my mine

me and the boy's have done some good work today but what should really turn the tide is a direct attack on the goverment.

They need to hear us we need to get as much coverage as possible.

We have to put the goverment's name through the mud. After all these folk only care about 2 things reputation and votes. The coverage we do get should be used to best effect by slandering the goverment the best we can.

We all cannot stop till he's back here. keep up the excelent work guy's

Never met the guy, but the way he's been treated is illogical and totally wrong.

If you ever buy the Sun or the Daily Mail and read all the rabid commentary about immigration and crime, think about what’s happening to Sakchai and many like him right now. We have a reactionary government that’s trying to appease the scaremongers and appear “tough on immigration†after recent bad publicity. This is the cost. I suspect Sakchai is not alone in having being treated this way.

Sakchai is lucky to have the support of so many people who can see that it’s simply wrong to wrench someone out of the community with seemingly no concern for them, their family or anyone else, in an obvious and cynical attempt to keep the gutter-press happy.

I hope this madness gets sorted soon, but given this government’s (which I once voted for) track record on listening....well, let’s hope it they see sense.