Burra Bears?

Biglad

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see both sides of this argument but Shetland is a very small place so rocking the boat, fighting your corner etc. can often cause you more harm than good.

As previously mentioned, both companies will continue to survive whatever the outcome but sometimes it's better to let sleeping dogs lie and bite your tongue. Already in this post members are talking about not going to one or the other supplier which highlights my point.

If anyone misses this as being an outstanding squad topic, It'd be a travesty! :wink:

.. The teddybears punchup.. (if you go down to the woods tonight style)

.. The right to 'bear' arms..

.. Hostile cor(bear)ate takover..... :roll:

The list is endless.

Our squad phoned this idea in for the Lerwick UHA this morning, unfortunately we weren't quick enough, 6 squads had called in since yeaterday tea time :lol: :lol: :lol:

Already in this post members are talking about not going to one or the other supplier which highlights my point.

Judging by the comments being left here, Facebook and the Shetland Times website there's only one supplier who won't be selling bears to the 'Shetland' population! :wink:

As you said though Romeo, sometimes its better just to bite your tongue but sadly some people like the sound of their own voice! :D

Ahhhh, an angry mob waving cyber-pitchforks.....

....brings a tear to me eye, it does...... :wink:

hardly a mob scorrie but certainly angry

Also a note to SIBC if I hear that pufin poo ad I will retune to radio 2 for the rest of the day if I hear it again the next day I will switch over until after xmas, and get the local news of the web.

I see from the Shetland Times' article that Ms Ramsey isn't backing down...

Even is she "wins"(whatever that means) the damage she has done to herself in Shetland will far outweigh any "victory". Infact, I would submit that the damage is already done so it makes no odds what happens.

Ms Ramsey, I suggest you swallow your pride and stop digging....

It's been very, very heartening though to see so many Shetlanders close ranks to defend and support a fellow Shetlander(Mrs Inkster).

I really don't see how being a Shetlander is relevant to this argument, it's more about right and wrong, the law and morals surely?

This is also assuming that only Shetlanders are backing Mrs. Inkster?

Legally, perhaps not but for many it's about the heart and what we have here is a lovely Shetland lass who has created a wonderful and succesful Shetland product being threatened by someone who wants to "have their cake and eat it".

Burra Bears are Shetland.

http://www.burrabears.co.uk/

Take a look at the letters on the Shetland Times website not to mention this thread. I would venture to say it speaks for itself!.