The Great British Bake Off

Suzanna

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Says quite a lot about the loss of vibrancy and community on Shetlink that not one person has even mentioned James winning star baker on last night's episode, recorded on his 21st birthday. It was all over Twitter and several of us Shetlinkers were smiling about it on Facebook. Guess we've all given up on the sourness and sniping on here. What a shame.

My money was on Brendan (not wishing to be parochial) but he made a a rare stumble last night. I reckon after last night James has a good chance.

D'you not reckon Brendan is just a bit too smug? He said something last night about his years of experience which really gave the impression he looked down on everyone else.

Anyway 'our' James has such a lovely smile and takes risks! The cobwebby barn was a work of genius!

Says quite a lot about the loss of vibrancy and community on Shetlink that not one person has even mentioned James winning star baker on last night's episode, recorded on his 21st birthday. It was all over Twitter and several of us Shetlinkers were smiling about it on Facebook. Guess we've all given up on the sourness and sniping on here. What a shame.

Well good for him, I'm sure.

I assume this is some TV thing, I wouldn't know though, as I haven't watched one since 2003, I don't 'Twit' either, as I find both inane, brain-liquifying and coma inducing.

I'll stick to real life I think, TV shows are scripted fantasy designed for entertainment purposes only after all.

Maybe, and even hopefully, there are those out there who can like something without the need to tweet or click Facebook I LIKE button, just like those in my family who are quietly enjoying the series. Just a thought. Oxna.

Maybe, and even hopefully, there are those out there who can like something without the need to tweet or click Facebook I LIKE button, just like those in my family who are quietly enjoying the series. Just a thought. Oxna.

Fair enough. Although I have to say I much appreciate the sense of community and friendship engendered by me sitting in Dundee chatting on Facebook to James's friends and neighbours in Hillswick as we all watched the programme together. So I don't quite see why you would 'hopefully' class that as A Bad Thing.

Well good for him, I'm sure.

I assume this is some TV thing, I wouldn't know though, as I haven't watched one since 2003, I don't 'Twit' either, as I find both inane, brain-liquifying and coma inducing.

I'll stick to real life I think, TV shows are scripted fantasy designed for entertainment purposes only after all.

Ah but come now, Ghostie, you are missing such a delight!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00zbxfl