Brexit (merged threads)

Urabug

So, what is the remainers end game?

Keep us in this eternal limbo of the last three years for who knows how many years to come, destroying the country in the process with the uncertainty. Or, start a civil war by continually blocking any form of brexit by whatever means they can dream up, in the hope folk get fed up waiting and it all just fades away in to obscurity with nothing changed.

Neither will end well,

One of their own tried for three years to please everybody, and only succeeded in pissing off everybody and making herself look a bumbling moron in the process, Boris has tried the only other option for moving ahead that ison the table, and has been headed off at the pass in the first squirmish. Time will tell if he can mount a successful counter attack.

So, just how do remainers propose to break this stalemate seeing it is they who have now blocked all the known viable options that could achieve progress.

The EU could put a stop to this nonsense and reiterate that they are not open to any further negotiations  thus making it clear that we only have the option to accept the deal that is on offer and has been rejected three times or leave without any deal .

I do not need to be paid £380 a day to know which way I would go.

The fact that the EU has not stood up officially, AFAIK and announced this could possibly indicate that they might still work on a new deal  :ponders:  

"We're in a very unusual if not unique situation. The referendum produced a 'leave' majority, yet a subsequent election produced what appeared to be a 'remainer' majority parliament, which wasn't promising for getting anything done. May, an apparent 'remainer' tried for three years to push through just about every alternative to a 'No deal' there is, and couldn't get it past either parliament, the EU, or both."

No she really didn't!

may constrained and handicapped herself right from the beginning and finally with no ideas and no wiggle room she just kept trying the same old deal.

So, just how do remainers propose to break this stalemate seeing it is they who have now blocked all the known viable options that could achieve progress.

I would suggest a two step process:

1) Revoke Article 50.

2) Bathe in Brexiteer tears.

And end democracy, very clever and  destroy our British ways.

I'm no great fan of Boris but he has taken the "bull by the horns" and is trying to get us out of this dilemma, it seems the majority of the others just want to go round in ever increasing circles debate, debate, debate the same *hite over and over again.

At least some of the Tories are trying to fulfill what the country decided June 2016 more than the other parties are doing.

Edited by Urabug

I would suggest a two step process:

1) Revoke Article 50.

2) Bathe in Brexiteer tears.

= rebellion/revolution/civil war.

I'm not exactly charmed by the future you'd choose.

The only batheing that'll happen will be in blood. I don't think you realise just how pissed off and out of patience many leave supporters are.

Perhaps the majority of MPs are fully aware of the problems Brexit is going to cause for the next 20 years. Perhaps they know better than the majority of the population. After all, when we elect our MPs we do usually vote for someone with a bit of education and hopefully an ability to make decisions. hopefully it’s just the minority who are out there to line their own pockets and bw66er the common man.

So, what is the remainers end game?

Keep us in this eternal limbo of the last three years for who knows how many years to come, destroying the country in the process with the uncertainty. Or, start a civil war by continually blocking any form of brexit by whatever means they can dream up, in the hope folk get fed up waiting and it all just fades away in to obscurity with nothing changed.

Neither will end well,

One of their own tried for three years to please everybody, and only succeeded in pissing off everybody and making herself look a bumbling moron in the process, Boris has tried the only other option for moving ahead that ison the table, and has been headed off at the pass in the first squirmish. Time will tell if he can mount a successful counter attack.

The only option that has been attempted is Mays deal and she couldn't get that through parliament.

Did the ERG vote for it and thus achieve Brexit?

We must ban any notion of a referendum on anything in the future, because the results mean nothing. No matter the topic. Politicians of all colours refuse to respect the vote because they know better..

We might have found a way ahead by having an election but Corbyn is going to block that it seems unless no deal is taken off the agenda. "Let's tie our hands behind our backs before we face the opponent." Duh!!

An election might bring some progress, a way out of this painful and mind numbing stalemate. 

Are we facing another 3 years of pointless bickering, with no way forward at the end of it?

It looks that way!

Who do you speak for?

What exactly are you threatening?

If you're talking to me.

I'm speaking for me.

I'm am 'threatening' absolutely nothing, I am simply doing a bit of crystal ball gazing and offering an opinion of what the future is IMHO probably going to look like if brexit is cancelled. There's an awful lot of angry people out there, and getting angrier by the minute. Something most leading and vocal remainers seem too arrogant/insulated/deluded to notice.

Perhaps the majority of MPs are fully aware of the problems Brexit is going to cause for the next 20 years. Perhaps they know better than the majority of the population. After all, when we elect our MPs we do usually vote for someone with a bit of education and hopefully an ability to make decisions. hopefully it’s just the minority who are out there to line their own pockets and bw66er the common man.

I hope you're right, but my gut tells me after the last three years that your average politician is as much of a chancer and winging it as the rest of us.

Who do you speak for?

What exactly are you threatening?

If you're talking to me.

I'm speaking for me.

I'm am 'threatening' absolutely nothing, I am simply doing a bit of crystal ball gazing and offering an opinion of what the future is IMHO probably going to look like if brexit is cancelled. There's an awful lot of angry people out there, and getting angrier by the minute. Something most leading and vocal remainers seem too arrogant/insulated/deluded to notice.

The "brexiteers" are far to busy trying to keep this country going,all working hard and unlike the "remoaners" have less time to spend marching and waving placards like a bunch of fools,IMHO, but I can certainly see unrest developing out of this and only hope it does not come to that.

The "brexiteers" are far to busy trying to keep this country going,all working hard.....

You mean like this guy? https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-49578400

Sure looks like he's working hard to make sure any brexit supporting crofters, fisherman, bus drivers, mechanics, merchant seamen,unemployed people and the elderly sick or infirm are getting the best outcomes for placing their trust in him and his party.