Calendars

Urabug

Well Happy New Year to everyone,but could not help thinking about the lack of calendars as I pinned my Shetland Times one up .

Years ago every firm would have there own calendar,grocer shops ,butchers, engineering firms ect,  but nowadays that would appear to me to be another thing in the past .

Oh! I know that there is still a few firms who do give there regular customers a calendar, but would it not have been fine if Tesco or the Coop,some local butchers ect would give us a decent calendar considering the amount of business that we in Shetland have given them.

Wonder how many thousand pounds has passed through the tills,and not a penny of the profits  (unless of course one has shares) stays in Shetland..

Just a passing thought possibly seeing that the Charitable Trust can no longer afford the Xmas bonus ma'be they could publish a calendar. 

Of course this is 2017 and there is probably an "app".

Good God, Urabug.

Couple this with your gurning about fun fairs being too expensive and I get a distinct impression that one isn't full of New Year goodwill.........  :mrgreen:

Oh i'm happy as a lark ,bought my own calendars .and well I might spend money at the fair but I certainly will not be ripped off .

Just a passing thought possibly seeing that the Charitable Trust can no longer afford the Xmas bonus ma'be they could publish a calendar. 

Wish we could get an app for the Charitable Trusts so-called Christmas bonus. They could even list it on the calendar that they don't give to the public.

Wish we could get an app for the Charitable Trusts so-called Christmas bonus. They could even list it on the calendar that they don't give to the public.

Do'es the Charitable Trust already have a calendar ?

I've just had to buy a calendar, no business of any kind gave me one, yet i got six last year.

I now regret not buying the last Times of last year to get their one, I'd have saved 69p on what I've had to pay on ebay.

Not taking a "pop" but, looks like you have found out that calendars cost money..  Maybe that's why nobody is giving them away to anyone other than "prime" customers...

^ Are you suggesting that i might be a bit of a cheapskate, and that my local shop might be black balling me on account of my occasional shops at the unmentionable's retail emporium on the South Road. ;-)

Er,,, Yes... :thmbsup

Seriously though, I normally get at least 4 every year but, this year, none at all..  Don't know why they have "dried up" but, not aware of many at all..

Well Happy New Year to everyone,but could not help thinking about the lack of calendars as I pinned my Shetland Times one up .

Years ago every firm would have there own calendar,grocer shops ,butchers, engineering firms ect,  but nowadays that would appear to me to be another thing in the past .

You will be pleased to know, as a user of paper calendars, that you can still send a telegram...

https://www.telegramsonline.co.uk/sameday.asp?Cat=Message

^ Are you suggesting that i might be a bit of a cheapskate, and that my local shop might be black balling me on account of my occasional shops at the unmentionable's retail emporium on the South Road. ;-)

Er,,, Yes... :thmbsup

Good, good, I would hate to think I was going to go down in infamy as a spendthrift, and it'll do the local shop no harm to know they have competition for my hard earned.

Seriously though, I normally get at least 4 every year but, this year, none at all..  Don't know why they have "dried up" but, not aware of many at all..

Its the Russians fault, or then its the effect of Trump getting elected, between them they seem to excuse all indiscretions these days.

Edited by Ghostrider

You will be pleased to know, as a user of paper calendars, that you can still send a telegram...

https://www.telegramsonline.co.uk/sameday.asp?Cat=Message

Oh, good. I don't feel so bad about abacus and slide rule work now.