Mareel - Cinema & Music Venue

madcow

Mareel simply makes fundraising and/or bringing up acts previously unfeasible much easier and less of a risk financially, along with all the other enticements it offers.

Of course this isn't restricted to halls, the facilities are there for any local event to take advantage of.

Are you suggesting that Halls remain closed and use Mareel for their dances etc... :?:

I am afraid I am completely lost now, I can't see how that makes any sense or could be arrived at at all. :S This has all been covered in great detail many times before and I know of at least two groups who have latched on to the potential. Its just plain old common sense. Mareel gives any hall from Haroldswick to the Ness easy access to the whole of Shetland as a catchment area.

It's great to hear how popular Mareel is and how it's car park is often full. I'm sure it is getting lots of use and with income and usage figures above that predicted the cash must be rolling in!

But as someone who supports Mareel I have always said I'm concerned about the finances, so I will hold my congratulations until I see the full accounts. Not just the income, but the full running costs as well.

I would also expect a high use of cards from ZE2 post codes as they are more likely to book over the phone. I doubt it suggests that 53% of use is from outside LK/Scalloway, if that's the point you were suggesting when you raised the issue.

I would also expect a high use of cards from ZE2 post codes as they are more likely to book over the phone. I doubt it suggests that 53% of use is from outside LK/Scalloway, if that's the point you were suggesting when you raised the issue.

Who was it that said "Lies, Damned Lies and, Statistics"?

NB; As far as I am aware, it was NOT Benjamin Disraeli.... :lol:

The point is, from the AVAILABLE information, we don't know PRECISELY how well Mareel is doing. We don't know PRECISELY how popular Mareel is.

So there's precisely no point in dissecting every single aspect of the place to the nth tedious degree.......

Not everybody has better crap to do with their time. I spend less time on shetlink these days because I've got a new hobby, I like to watch car park webcams to see how popular a place looks. It's more exciting than the football no seriously it really is, there was one guy who took a whole five mins to line their car up properly in a space, I had to call my pal over to watch too it was that gripping.

^ Even watching paint dry is far more interesting than football or any sport. :wink:

Its actually me who is liable to take a webcam tour occasionally, not her, when you're more or less permanently stuck in the house you have to do your sightseeing as best you can, even if it is virtually sometimes.

The curious point, for me, is that he omits to say of what the lady in question "smells". Or even, as the case may be, what it is that that good lady is addressing with her olfactory sense?

I mean, we all smell of something/s. Perhaps it's more an attempt to tell us that he is a people watcher, and enjoys this more than viewing football, as Mrs Ghostrider is but the same, in this respect, as all the rest of us?

Over to you, William. :wink:

The curious point, for me, is that he omits to say of what the lady in question "smells". Or even, as the case may be, what it is that that good lady is addressing with her olfactory sense?

I mean, we all smell of something/s. Perhaps it's more an attempt to tell us that he is a people watcher, and enjoys this more than viewing football, as Mrs Ghostrider is but the same, in this respect, as all the rest of us?

Over to you, William. :wink:

I like Ghostie's Mum! :D

Unlinkedstudent must be a very unhappy person as all she seems to do is complain and moan. Unlinked, why don't you just move back to wherever you came from as nothing seems to be good enough for you here. You would love it if Mareel failed because that's the type of person you are. You really are a sad case. Every thread on this site is full of your nitpicking and general cr@p. Please unlinked student, get a grip and try to be positive. Your attitude cant be good for your own health.