Would you have left your kids alone?

I am a bit lost as to why, according to the BBC, (The "heart-broken" McCann family land back in the UK with an emotional plea for privacy and an "ordinary life"), the McCanns are asking for privacy now. I thought that they had spent their time seeking publicity on the world tour.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure. The thought that the parents could move the body 25 days after her disappearance in the car they had just rented, while the worlds media was camped outside seems a little bit unlikely.

I also don't really trust the Portuguese police. They are up there with the Jamaican police (re: Bob Woolmer).

The thought that the parents could move the body 25 days after her disappearance in the car seems a little bit unlikely.

So your saying the police planted the blood, or maybe like Kates mum says; the kidnapper returned and planted it. Perhaps the McCanns had made a clone who got a nose bleed, could be that her blood can travel in time, or what about this Bob Woolmer, have team McCann tried fingering him yet, you never know.

It must be one of the above, as no sane news of the world or daily mail reader could ever truly suspect the McCanns after they have seen all the Bebo sites with Maddys face on.

I myself once went over my overdraft so I know exactly of the pain and suffering they're going through losing a child.

The analogy that I like to use is a bit like when we were students and you'd got to your overdraft limit and you'd gone beyond it and there was just nothing left

If the Portuguese police had any concrete evidence they would probably have charged them by now and they would certainly not have let them leave the country.

The forensic 'evidence' is obviously not totally reliable.

I think it was an attempt to get them to rightly or wrongly confess that they were responsible so that they could bring an end to the case.

If the Portuguese police had any concrete evidence they would probably have charged them by now and they would certainly not have let them leave the country.

The forensic 'evidence' is obviously not totally reliable.

Well:

The only forensic evidence linking Barry George to the murder of Jill Dando was a microscopic particle of what may have been gunshot residue. It is argued that the presence of armed officers and their involvement in his arrest was responsible for this residue.

When did the cops let a little thing like concrete evidence stand in their way.

Anyway where would the McCanns find any sympathy in the world to hide out if they skinned oot now.

It could be a cop head game, "that they are so fond of playing" but in a case like this with the eyes of the world watching, it would be a foolhardy tatic to make up evidence to freak out the McCanns with, so I dont think they would risk the investigation in this way.

She's either hid out at some team McCann hideout as part of the Maddie fund scam plan till they could bleed all the suckers to the max.

OR

She's been done in by one of them two weirdos and I wouldn't put it past either of them.

You know it makes sense.

http://www.exposay.com/kate-mccann-missing-british-3-year-old-girl-madeleine-mccann-in-portugal/p/10561/105/

As an Ex Senior Police Officer if the accounts I have read are correct I would have no hesitation in cautionong and arresting the McCanns on suspicion of murder.

Jack Osbourne, Edinburgh,

Why was Madeleine’s bedroom window and shutter open?

Kate and Gerry McCann told police that the window shutter in Madeleine’s bedroom, which could not been seen from the restaurant, had been forced open. Police tests showed the heavy metal shutter had not been forced up from the outside, so must have been pulled open from inside the room. Assuming that the abductor entered through the apartment’s unlocked patio windows, why would he or she not leave by the same way or the use the front door. Or was the window opened to make it appear as if an intruder had used it to enter the bedroom?

Why did Kate McCann cry out “They’ve taken her?†when she discovered Madeleine missing?

Portuguese police are reported to find it suspicious that Mrs McCann immediately believed that more than one person had taken her daughter. This could suggest that she knew who had taken Madeleine, perhaps people who thought they were helping Mrs McCann by removing her daughter’s body.

How much alcohol did the McCanns and their friends drink on the evening Madeleine disappeared?

Kate and Gerry McCann and their friends are reported to have told detectives they shared four bottles of wine, with another two barely touched before Madeleine was discovered missing. However, it is claimed detectives have recovered a bill showing they downed eight bottles of red wine and six white during the afternoon and evening. Most parents enjoy a drink while their children are asleep, but why would Mr and Mrs McCann want to conceal the amount they drank on the night their daughter disappeared?

Why did Madeleine’s sister and brother sleep through her “abduction�

Sean and Amelie were heavy sleepers who were not disturbed by their sister’s abduction, claim their parents. However, they also slept through their mother’s hysterical response to Madeleine’s disappearance and the presence of dozens of people who joined the search before being carried out by a female police officer. Kate and Gerry McCann have strenuously denied sedating their daughter. But they are both doctors and Kate, a locum GP, would have extensive experience in prescribing drugs to help patients sleep.

All parties have strenuously denied any wrongdoing.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/global/article2418919.ece

But all that's for the cops to deal with, I haven't believed a thing that's come out of them since I seen their first sky news, interview vid.

Suggestions that key forensic evidence may be flawed were strongly dismissed by those close to the investigation.

Critics have argued that samples of Madeleine's DNA found during the tests could have been contaminated.

But sources close to the inquiry pointed out that the tests, at the Forensic Science Service in Birmingham, had been checked extensively and were based on a detailed assessment by some of the world's leading experts. They accused critics of a lack of knowledge about the case.

Significantly, sources also pointed out that the extensive forensic testing in the McCanns' Mark Warner apartment had found no evidence of any other person being present on the night of her disappearance.

Very few people know the results of the tests and what has been found," said one person close to the inquiry.

"A lot of rubbish has been talked over the weekend by people trying to criticise the forensics, but it has mostly been based on an inaccurate understanding of how the results have been arrived at.

"The facts are that the people carrying out these tests are highly trained professionals who are extremely skilled at understanding the material, and everything they do, they double and triple check.

"A lot of very detailed work has gone on and although it is a very complex area, there is full confidence in what has been sent to Portugal."

The Daily Mail has learned that Portuguese police believe the forensic tests carried out by British experts support their theory that Madeleine is dead.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23411558-details/Madeleine's+parents+face+social+services+probe+in+the+UK/article.do

It emerged that during their two days of gruelling interviews last week, the couple, both 39-year-old doctors, stonewalled 40 questions from detectives - exercising their right to silence granted to them as arguidos.

In increasingly heated exchanges, detectives confronted Mrs McCann with claims that Madeleine's blood was found in the bedroom. She is said to have suggested that it could have come from a cut or a nosebleed.

But when a detective alleged the blood sample had also indicated that Madeleine was dead, Mrs McCann said it was 'impossible', according to a police source. At this point, shaking with rage, she refused to answer any more questions.

When it was Mr McCann's turn for a grilling, he is said to have been "angry and frustrated" and answered hardly any questions, especially in relation to the hire car.

At long last the Social services have woken up to the fact that a pair of suspected child killers have still got 2 year old twins in their "care". At the very least the McCanns neglected and/or abandoned the twins for up to 3 hours whilst they went out for a night's drinking and a meal at a Tapas Bar whilst they were holidaying in Portugal. This is London reports:

http://prisonersvoice.blogspot.com/

The McCanns are looking into a way that they can legally use the £1 million 'Find Madeleine' fund raised by the public to help them find Madeleine to pay for their potentially huge legal fees, according to a family friend.

Kate and Gerry McCann have hired a top legal team more used to defending celebrities and politicians in an attempt to clear their name. The legal bill could well run to hundreds of thousands of pounds.

A friend of the family said today: "They are looking into the legalities of taking money out of the fund to pay for the legal costs. The fund's directors are looking into this."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/worldnews.html?in_article_id=480963&in_page_id=1811&ct=5

Leave the discussion of their parenting skills until a more appropriate time.

Would it be appropriate now do you think, cause by now the saftey of the other two is in question, I say get them the hell away from team McCann before they accidently wire them to the mains.

The Daily Mail has learned that Portuguese police believe the forensic tests carried out by British experts support their theory that Madeleine is dead.

The Daily Mail also[/url]"] The "scent of death" found in Madeleine's bedroom, on her cuddly toy, on Kate McCann's clothes and in the family's hire car - a vehicle rented weeks after Madeleine went missing - was detected by British scientists, who point out that there could be an innocent explanation.
:?

Yeah, I know about the daily mails talent of saying whatever comes in their little heads and even conflicting themselves,

but it wasn't my words or from a daily mail link

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=480803&in_page_id=1770

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/worldnews.html?in_article_id=481028&in_page_id=1811&ct=5

this bloody failsafe mac has been crashing like a sausage and the bits I had ready to post were in a jumble of sharn when restarted, and I'm buggered if I can find where that bit came from, but the point is a valid one anyway.

I didna want to really use their link for the bit about the top lawyer being called in but I couldna be ersed risking "yet" another crash while I looked for another one and having to redo it again. :oops:

You widna believe how many posts have got lost recently in crashes while trying to submit, you wont be to sorry to hear I'm sure.

The couple are seeking advice from two of Britain's most experienced lawyers, Michael Caplan, QC, and Angus McBride, from the London firm Kingsley Napley. Mr Caplan acted for Chile's former dictator, General Augusto Pinochet, when Spain tried to extradite him in 1999.

http://news.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=1450012007

What do you want to bet Gerry knows he's gonna be charged and this guy is in to try to stop them being extradited to face the music.

The expert view

Richard Elias talks to the detective who led the Bulger inquiry

Retired Detective Superintendent Albert Kirby helped solve the murder of two-year-old James Bulger in 1993. Here, he gives his opinion on four of the main theories surrounding the disappearance of Madeleine.

Theory A: Madeleine McCann was accidentally killed and her body put in a hire car which her parents rented almost four weeks after reporting her missing.

Kirby: "This is potentially the most crucial part of the police inquiry at the moment. One thing is for sure though: if the blood found in the hire car is proved positively to be Madeleine's then that puts a completely different take on things. That will cause major problems for the family. It will cause serious, serious consequences for them but we will have to wait and see what develops in relation to that."

Theory B: The blood traces allegedly found by the Portuguese police in the Renault Scenic were, in fact, the result of cross-contamination when officers failed to change their clothes after visiting another potential crime scene:

Kirby: "The blood transfer is another big part of the conspiracy theorists' stories.

"But because of the assistance which the experts from Britain have given the Portuguese in this aspect of the inquiry, the chances of any accidental transfer taking place are, in my opinion, limited, to say the least.

"Everything would have been done with the utmost skill and care.

"The British teams are highly, highly skilled when it comes to forensic examination and the preservation of crime scenes.

"This is something in which we are something of a world leader."

Theory C: The McCanns are being deliberately set up by the authorities in Portugal who are under immense pressure to solve the case.

Kirby: "I find this yet another conspiracy theory which can be dismissed. It just clouds the real issues. Different police forces have different methods of dealing with investigations but the idea that they are being framed is very hard to believe.

"The inquiry has, at times, been absolutely diabolical and I would have expected a lot of things to have been different in the UK, but to go down the road that they are being set up is just very, very hard to believe."

Theory D: Madeleine was abducted and her kidnappers used the same car which the little girl's parents then inadvertently hired 25 days later.

Kirby: "The history of who hired the car in the weeks before the girl's disappearance to the time the McCanns had it should already have been checked.

"Everyone who had any connection to that vehicle should have been interviewed in order to eliminate them as potential suspects from the inquiry. This is a very far-fetched claim."

http://news.scotsman.com/topics.cfm?tid=1590&id=1441322007

Not so much a witch hunt, as stateing the bloody obvious.

But dont give up hope team McCann fans, I'm sure Gerry will exploit every legal loophole to make sure their murdering arses walk free.

and all thanks to the stack of donations you threw at them.

http://forums.mirror.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=1903

The story of Madeleine looks like a tangled ball of wool. In the last days of April, Kate and Gerry, both 39 and doctors, arrive with their friends in Praia da Luz. The weather is not very good, but the group makes the best of it. The children seem to exist outside of the adults’ world. In the morning, Kate would take Madeleine, almost 4, and the 2-year old twins, to the Kid Club. The other couples in the group did the same. While the little ones entertained themselves with collages and paintings, the group divides itself between tennis and jogging until lunchtime.

It is at lunchtime that the families socialize a bit. After a short nap, the children go back to the Kid Club, while the parents use the activities that the club offers. They only get to meet again in the late afternoon, when the children’s dinner is served. Before 8 p.m., Madeleine and her siblings, who seem to function like a clock, are already asleep. Half an hour later, the group of friends meets at Tapas. The staff remember that they only leave at midnight: “They were very lively and drank a bit too much. I didn’t even realize they had children, because I never saw them aroundâ€.

And thus the days followed one upon another, at the Ocean Club. The holiday week is almost over and the group’s spirit does not change. Nobody had noticed until then, how the children were kept at a distance.

The most reliable way to undrestand what happened on May 3, when Madeleine disappeared, is to analyze the various versions that emerged.

It would have been 10 p.m. when Kate decided to check the children at the apartment. This is the only moment in the story that gathers consensus.

PJ called two hours later.

The first explanations arise. Where were the parents when the child disappeared? Gerry explains that, inspired in the scheme that some of the friends had used on their holidays in Greece, the nine members of the group took turns in checking on the children with some regularity.

This is the beginning of a story that will change in many chapters. Gerry starts by saying that he first left the table to check on the children around 9.05 p.m. When he entered the apartment the children were fine, he just noticed that the door to their bedroom was partially open. He looked at the window, which was closed, just as the shutters, and relaxed.

Ten minutes later, his friend Jane Tanner, who went around the apartments, crossed ways with a dark-haired man who was walking in the opposite direction, carrying a child. She didn’t make any connections either.

A few minutes later, Mathew Oldfield enters the room, sees the McCann children fast asleep, and notices nothing out of the ordinary. It is at 10 p.m. that Maddie’s mother discovers her daughter has disappeared. The window was wide open and the shutters were up.

To GNR, who is in the area with sniffer dogs to search for the child, this is a highly unlikely scenario. One of the military assures: “This is an extremely silent area, where there are practically no passing cars. That shutter was very difficult to lift from the outside, and would have made a lot of noise. It would have been a lot easier to use the door, but there were no signs of a break-inâ€.

The conversation always comes back to the same issue: the night of the disappearance. The account of that last dinner has disparate versions among the group’s members. Some swear that someone left the table every half hour to check on the kids; other reduce that time to half of it. Some say control is made window by window; others say the adults entered each other’s apartments.

One of the employees that was on duty that evening does not remember a lot of movement: “I only remember a tall, grey-haired man getting up once from the tableâ€. It was Russell, who, two days earlier, also had attended dinner.

An aerobic instructor from the resort entertains the dinner guests at Tapas with a ‘Quiz’. At 9.30 p.m. the game ends, and Gerry invites her to their table, where she stays for half an hour. During that time, as she later confided to friends, nobody left the table, but one of the chairs was vacant. Najova Chekaya refuses to talk to Sol. And Russell, when the questions start to surround him, loses his sympathy: “I have nothing further to tell you. I am not going to dishonor the compromise I assumed with Kate and Gerry. They want to control all infornation that is disclosedâ€.

Gerry changes his version several times, but he maintains that the door to his children’s room was open. Mat revokes his first statement: when he entered Madeleine’s room, the door was open and there was more light, as if the shutters had been raised. Here starts to develop the theory that there was already someone inside the apartment. Which reinforces Jane Tanner’s version (that she saw a man carrying a child).

Only Jane saw the man carrying a child

But there is a witness whose deposition contradicts this theory. Jeremy Wilkins – a tv producer who had met Maddie’s father during their holidays and used to play tennis with him – was walking his eight months old son at that time. He met Gerry, who went out through the apartment’s back door after having checked on the children, and the two man exchanged a brief conversation. At that time, if one is to believe the first accounts, Jane would have left Tapas in the direction of the apartment’s main entrance, and would have crossed paths with both of them. “It was a very narrow road and I think it would have been almost impossible to walk by without me taking noticeâ€, Jeremy says, pointing out the fact that he saw no man carrying a child, as Jane states.

But Jane continues to guarantee that, at the top of the street, she saw a man with a child in his arms.

Although the area is scarcely lit, and the situation did not make her suspicious at the time, she describes the beige trousers, the dark thick jacket and the black classic-style shoes in a detailed way. Once again, Jeremy disagrees: “If that happened, I would have likely seen itâ€.

The Murat contradiction

Contrarily to the GNR elements and the Ocean Club’s staff, who participated in the searches on the night before and assure they did not see Murat around, Gerry and some of his friends guarantee that he was there. And thus he becomes an arguido.

Gerry and Kate’s friends, who are interrogated tightly by the PJ over almost a month, refuse to clarify this contradiction, when asked by Sol. “We have a pact. This is our matter only. It is nobody else’s businessâ€, says David Payne, another element with the group. Minutes after we tried to contact Kate, Gerry, in a fury, calls the Sol journalist: “What do you think you are doing? Do you think you’re better than the portuguese police? I’m going to forward your contact to PJ and you will have to explain yourselvesâ€.

"Pact of Silence" MORE LIKE NEST OF BLOODY VIPERS